Long time Hales Corners resident, Eleanor (Katie) Steinmeyer; will be celebrating her 100th Birthday with her family on Friday June 24th, 2010 in the Front Sun Room at Linden Grove Health Care Facility 13755 W. Fieldpointe Drive in New Berlin at 11:30a.m. Katie is the lovely lady on the left wearing Lavender seated next to her beautiful baby sister, Mildred (Millie) Sorley-Swanson age 90 of Muskego, formerly long time resident of New Berlin. Katie Steinmeyer's children, Beth Grayl of Hales Corners and David Steinmeyer of Sheboygan will be hosting the party. Her baby brother, Robert Fleming; age 80 of Baraboo is expected to attend, along with sister Millie, and many other relatives. Katie is a proud grandmother and great-grandmother.
Katie Steinmeyer, who survives her husband Ralph Steinmeyer, was employed by Kilps Realty for many years and received the Milwaukee Area Realtor of the Year award in 1976 at the age of 66. Most working women in that era had already retired at that age, or were stay at home women not venturing out into the work force. But Katie had broken through many barriers in her life and ventured out to join the male workforce of the age and became a trusted and respected Realtor. She is truly a great role model for today's youth, just venturing out into the business world.
- IRS Warns of Tax Scam Targeting Wisconsin Residents
- An Eagle Scout Keeps A Promise to Honor a Fallen Soldier
- Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University Classes
- Changes Coming to Hales Corners Fire Department & Milwaukee County EMS System
- Hales Corners Fire Chief Completes Prestigious Executive Fire Officer Program
- WIC Clinics Improve Health of Women, Infants, and Children
- Local Cancer Survivors’ Artwork Featured
- Camp Invention Participants To Investigate Bouncy Ball Science And Animal Survival Traits
- Register For Winter/Spring Programs At The Hales Corners Library!
- The Equitable Bank Accepting Donations for Toys for Tots