Lydia Fredrick, representing the famed Trinity Academy of Irish Dance, took 9th place at the North American Irish Dancing Championships, held July 3-7 in Orlando, Florida. This year marked the largest competition to date, boasting over 2,900 solo competitors and 233 teams from the United States, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, England, and Australia.
Lydia Fredrick of New Berlin took 9th place against 78 competitors at this prestigious competition. Fredrick is having a strong competitive year, with this placement following her 6th place finish at the 2009 Mid-America Irish Dance Championships. Also an avid team dancer, Fredrick has placed as high as 3rd with her team. Fredrick is entering her fourth grade year at St. Mary School, takes tin whistle lessons and enjoys school choir and Brownies.
Teacher Mary McCarthy states, “Lydia always give 100%. Her hard work and determination over the last year has greatly aided her in this achievement. As she is such a great leader in her class, her fellow dancers are sure to be inspired by her results at the Nationals. I’m very excited to see where she goes from here.”
For nearly 30 years, Trinity Academy of Irish Dance has thrilled audiences with their inspiring showmanship. From humble beginnings in church basements to recent engagements as U.S. ambassadors on international stages, Trinity dancers consistently deliver a unique energy and passion for Irish dance and culture.
Trinity’s unique program gives dancers the power of choice in their journey with lessons of commitment, hard work and team building. As one of the leading Irish dance schools in the world, Trinity offers unique opportunities including monthly visits from athletic trainers, exceptional performance opportunities, and a plethora of fundraising opportunities. Trinity teachers truly shape the lives of their students by passing down not only impeccable dance technique, but also lessons in gracious sportsmanship and how to act with dignity and integrity. Trinity was founded on these principles and is unwavering in its dedication to the next generation of Irish dancers and their communities.
Trinity Academy of Irish Dance recently opened a new studio in Waukesha near 5 points. Other locations include Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, Grafton, Pleasant Prairie, Madison and Appleton in Wisconsin and numerous locations in Illinois. For more information, call 877-326-2328 or visit www.trinityirishdancers.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt