Lydia Fredrick, representing the famed Trinity Academy of Irish Dance, took 9th place at the North American Irish Dancing Championships, held July 3-7 in Orlando, Florida. This year marked the largest competition to date, boasting over 2,900 solo competitors and 233 teams from the United States, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, England, and Australia.
Lydia Fredrick of New Berlin took 9th place against 78 competitors at this prestigious competition. Fredrick is having a strong competitive year, with this placement following her 6th place finish at the 2009 Mid-America Irish Dance Championships. Also an avid team dancer, Fredrick has placed as high as 3rd with her team. Fredrick is entering her fourth grade year at St. Mary School, takes tin whistle lessons and enjoys school choir and Brownies.
Teacher Mary McCarthy states, “Lydia always give 100%. Her hard work and determination over the last year has greatly aided her in this achievement. As she is such a great leader in her class, her fellow dancers are sure to be inspired by her results at the Nationals. I’m very excited to see where she goes from here.”
For nearly 30 years, Trinity Academy of Irish Dance has thrilled audiences with their inspiring showmanship. From humble beginnings in church basements to recent engagements as U.S. ambassadors on international stages, Trinity dancers consistently deliver a unique energy and passion for Irish dance and culture.
Trinity’s unique program gives dancers the power of choice in their journey with lessons of commitment, hard work and team building. As one of the leading Irish dance schools in the world, Trinity offers unique opportunities including monthly visits from athletic trainers, exceptional performance opportunities, and a plethora of fundraising opportunities. Trinity teachers truly shape the lives of their students by passing down not only impeccable dance technique, but also lessons in gracious sportsmanship and how to act with dignity and integrity. Trinity was founded on these principles and is unwavering in its dedication to the next generation of Irish dancers and their communities.
Trinity Academy of Irish Dance recently opened a new studio in Waukesha near 5 points. Other locations include Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, Grafton, Pleasant Prairie, Madison and Appleton in Wisconsin and numerous locations in Illinois. For more information, call 877-326-2328 or visit www.trinityirishdancers.com.
- TAPAS & FLAMENCO GUITARIST D'Arez
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Artists in the Garden at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s “I Do! I Do!” Musical Hit Follows Milestones of a Marriage
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!