Kenosha WI - Southeast Wisconsin Performing Arts (SEWPA) presents an Opera Festival of fun for the Kenosha area and all of Southeast WI. All performances are at the Reuther Auditorium, 913 57th St., Kenosha, WI. Starting with the delightful production of “The Emperor’s new Clothes” performing on Thursday July 23 @ 2:00pm. The show is a steal at $5.00 a ticket. The festival continues Friday and Saturday, with two operas each day, Cenerentola and Magic Flute. One ticket gets you into both shows! Pre-sale tickets are $9.00 for adults and $7.00 for children. To purchase tickets go to the SEWPA website: www.sewpa.org
The Italian opera Cenerentola, narrated by Kenosha’s own, Gus Gnorski of WITI Fox 6 News, on opening night, July 24, is based off the story of Cinderella and is complete with English super titles and witty comic skits. It runs only one hour in length, so it may share the stage with Mozart’s hilariously funny Magic Flute sung in English. Both of the operas are completely staged with full sets, costumes, and up-and-coming young artist in lead roles. The following weekend, July 30th & 31st, the opera festival continues with the vibrant opera Carmen and Comic opera Don Giovanni. Both are in English with complete sets and have been modified so as to enjoy both in one evening. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience opera that is meant for families to share – as a musically rewarding and entertaining experience.
SEWPA was developed and made into a nonprofit organization to foster the Fine Arts through education, audience outreach and performance. Offering opera, dance, choral and instrumental music, SEWPA gives young people (ages 5-26) the opportunity to take classes that will inspire and engage them, directed by some of the most talented professionals in the area. SEWPA provides a safe and encouraging environment that gives each young performer, not only the skills necessary to becoming an artist, but also to become confident young adults.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Local Girl Scout troop collecting Cans for Kids this Saturday, Dec. 7
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- IKE CHEERLEADER'S HOLIDAY YOUTH CHEER CLINIC
- BBB Offers Advice to Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shoppers
- Winter Storytime
- Free Movie Wednesday at St. Francis Library
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- "Christmas Musical at Hales Corners Lutheran Church"
- “Shop Small” and Support Small Businesses on November 30th