Sam Zehnder, a seventh grader of Hales Corners Lutheran Middle School, found himself in a quandary. The regional spelling bee, held at Greendale Middle School on February 3, provided Zehnder with the opportunity to show his spelling skills, competing against 32 other participants from 16 different area schools. Says Zehnder, “It was surprising how nervous I was, considering this was my third time at Regionals”. Sam took fourth place over all, having missed the word “quandary”.
Adam Hessenthaler, a 6th grader also from Hales Corners Lutheran Middle School, competed at the tournament as well, but was eliminated in the second round. “I was scared to be competing with so many older spellers. I was the only 6th grader there, but the audience was very supportive when kids were eliminated,” Hessenthaler states. He missed the word “deduce.” Overall both boys said it was a very positive experience and were pleased they had made it that far.
- Playground at Malone Thanks All Who Helped
- Enjoy Local Cuisine and the Water Bugs Show on Little Muskego Lake
- Meet Brewer great Bill Schroeder at Point After Pub & Grille!
- Fire Fighters Urge Caution Near Fireworks on Independence Day
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- McCarty Park Boot Camp
- First Outdoor Movie of the Summer in Greendale