Coach Dick Bennett and Dr. Leonard Sweet will be the featured speakers at Mission Possible 2010, an annual leadership event at Hales Corners Lutheran Church on Saturday, February 20 from 8 am – 1 pm at 12300 W. Janesville Road in Hales Corners. The event is open to the community.
All denominations are invited to Mission Possible which is designed for everyday leaders – parents, managers, supervisors, teachers, and business owners to sharpen their leadership skills. This is the third year for the conference which draws hundreds of people who understand that leadership is needed more than ever in today’s world.
Coach Dick Bennett, one of Wisconsin’s legacy coaches after coaching basketball for over thirty years in the state with enormous success, kicks off the event. He is best known for coaching the UW Badgers from 1995-2000 culminating in a Final Four appearance in 2000.
Dr. Leonard Sweet is a popular speaker and author with numerous books, including, among others, Summoned to Lead and The Gospel According to Starbucks. Known for his effective yet non-traditional approach to leadership, Dr. Sweet was voted by his peers “One of the 50 Most Influential Christians in America” by Church Report Magazine in 2006 and 2007.
Coach Bennett and Doctor Sweet follow previous conference speakers such as Reggie McNeal and Joyce Garbaciak. Pastor Russ Peterson of Hals Corners Lutheran Church said, “We are very excited that we have again been able to secure such strong speakers for this conference. Coach Bennett does not make many public appearances since retiring and we are very appreciative that he has made an exception for Mission Possible.”
Tickets are $20 if purchased before February 5th ($25 after). Group tickets are $15 (for 5 or more). Students are $10 and scholarships are available upon request. A continental breakfast is included and the first 400 paid registrations will receive a free copy of Dr. Sweet’s “Summoned to Lead” book, courtesy of the Hales Corners Lutheran Foundation. Further details can be found at hcl.org or by calling Hales Corners Lutheran Church at (414) 529-6700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt