Coach Dick Bennett and Dr. Leonard Sweet will be the featured speakers at Mission Possible 2010, an annual leadership event at Hales Corners Lutheran Church on Saturday, February 20 from 8 am – 1 pm at 12300 W. Janesville Road in Hales Corners. The event is open to the community.
All denominations are invited to Mission Possible which is designed for everyday leaders – parents, managers, supervisors, teachers, and business owners to sharpen their leadership skills. This is the third year for the conference which draws hundreds of people who understand that leadership is needed more than ever in today’s world.
Coach Dick Bennett, one of Wisconsin’s legacy coaches after coaching basketball for over thirty years in the state with enormous success, kicks off the event. He is best known for coaching the UW Badgers from 1995-2000 culminating in a Final Four appearance in 2000.
Dr. Leonard Sweet is a popular speaker and author with numerous books, including, among others, Summoned to Lead and The Gospel According to Starbucks. Known for his effective yet non-traditional approach to leadership, Dr. Sweet was voted by his peers “One of the 50 Most Influential Christians in America” by Church Report Magazine in 2006 and 2007.
Coach Bennett and Doctor Sweet follow previous conference speakers such as Reggie McNeal and Joyce Garbaciak. Pastor Russ Peterson of Hals Corners Lutheran Church said, “We are very excited that we have again been able to secure such strong speakers for this conference. Coach Bennett does not make many public appearances since retiring and we are very appreciative that he has made an exception for Mission Possible.”
Tickets are $20 if purchased before February 5th ($25 after). Group tickets are $15 (for 5 or more). Students are $10 and scholarships are available upon request. A continental breakfast is included and the first 400 paid registrations will receive a free copy of Dr. Sweet’s “Summoned to Lead” book, courtesy of the Hales Corners Lutheran Foundation. Further details can be found at hcl.org or by calling Hales Corners Lutheran Church at (414) 529-6700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Resident is the Stage Manager for Acacia Theatre’s “Opal”
- Refuse To Be A Victim ® Seminar to be Presented in Muskego
- The Equitable Bank to Collect Business Attire for Returning Troops
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Enhance Your Home’s Exterior With Tips From Callen
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- Whitnall Graduate and Layton Terrace Employee Completes Eagle Scout Project