During the week of January 11-15, Whitnall Middle School Student Council is hosting a food drive to benefit the Milwaukee Hunger Task Force. All donations will help re-stock the shelves after the holidays at the Hunger Task Force, so they can continue to provide food to those in need. The goal this year will be to raise or exceed last year's food drive total of 8,500 pounds of food. Preferred food donations include canned goods, dry boxed food, such as cereal, pancake mix, pasta, rice, and Mac N Cheese, baby food and formula, peanut butter, fruit juice, and household items, such as toilet paper, paper towels, and diapers.
In an effort to reach our goal, Student Council would like to encourage community members to assist with donations. Donations can be dropped off at Whitnall Middle School, 5025 S. 116th St. in Greenfield, through January 15th.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- The Travels of Pat Ostergren
- African Children's Choir In-Concert at Hales Corners Lutheran
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- RE/MAX Realty 100 of Milwaukee Celebrates 35th Anniversary
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Greenfield Farmers Market Mid-Season Celebration: Sunday, August 10 from 10am-2pm
- Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Auction Items, Appetizer Menu
- 2014 Fall St. Clare Street Fair