Immigration Reform: A Faith Mandate
St . Mary’s Catholic Faith Community, Room 312
9520 W. Forest Home Avenue, Hales Corners
Tuesday, January 12, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Edward Fallone – Associate Professor Marquette University Law School, will present an overall picture of the current immigration system and why it needs to be reformed.
Rachel Ida Buff – Associate Professor, History; Coordinator, Comparative Ethnic Studies at UWM will present a historical overview of immigration in the U.S.
Mark your calendars:
Immigration will be the topic again when St. Mary’s presents their Lenten Series. The third topic of that series will take place on March 3rd and it will be called Seasons of Mercy: Welcoming the Immigrant (time and location TBD). Presenters: Sr. Josephe Marie Flynn and Sr. Barbara Pfarr, SSND. It will be an overview of the immigration issue and specific suggestions for action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt