Immigration Reform: A Faith Mandate
St . Mary’s Catholic Faith Community, Room 312
9520 W. Forest Home Avenue, Hales Corners
Tuesday, January 12, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Edward Fallone – Associate Professor Marquette University Law School, will present an overall picture of the current immigration system and why it needs to be reformed.
Rachel Ida Buff – Associate Professor, History; Coordinator, Comparative Ethnic Studies at UWM will present a historical overview of immigration in the U.S.
Mark your calendars:
Immigration will be the topic again when St. Mary’s presents their Lenten Series. The third topic of that series will take place on March 3rd and it will be called Seasons of Mercy: Welcoming the Immigrant (time and location TBD). Presenters: Sr. Josephe Marie Flynn and Sr. Barbara Pfarr, SSND. It will be an overview of the immigration issue and specific suggestions for action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Callen Construction Offers Seven Tips for a Luxury Custom Closet
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- The President Comes to Park's Edge Preschool
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Greenfield student collaborates with Layton Terrace to complete Eagle Scout Project
- Callen Cautions Against 10 Kitchen Trends