Immigration Reform: A Faith Mandate
St . Mary’s Catholic Faith Community, Room 312
9520 W. Forest Home Avenue, Hales Corners
Tuesday, January 12, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Edward Fallone – Associate Professor Marquette University Law School, will present an overall picture of the current immigration system and why it needs to be reformed.
Rachel Ida Buff – Associate Professor, History; Coordinator, Comparative Ethnic Studies at UWM will present a historical overview of immigration in the U.S.
Mark your calendars:
Immigration will be the topic again when St. Mary’s presents their Lenten Series. The third topic of that series will take place on March 3rd and it will be called Seasons of Mercy: Welcoming the Immigrant (time and location TBD). Presenters: Sr. Josephe Marie Flynn and Sr. Barbara Pfarr, SSND. It will be an overview of the immigration issue and specific suggestions for action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- Pre Three Class
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Eagle Scout Project Dedication this Sunday, September 14, 2014
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- Maya O'Day-Biddle will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- St. Martin of Tours Dollar Days Calendar Raffle