Bethesda Thrift Shop to Open in Hales Corners
Milwaukee (Nov. 19, 2009) -- Bethesda Lutheran Communities will open its 23rd thrift shop on Saturday, Dec. 5. The Hales Corners store is located at 5317 S. 108th Street.
“The new Hales Corner Thrift Shop is going to raise the bar for retail stores,” says Jim Clary, Bethesda’s retail operations director. “In addition to selling gently used items, it will also sell new items, including a new line of furniture by Simmons. We anticipate a high level of excitement from our customers.”
The store will also feature a dollar section, which will include paper goods, baking supplies, seasonal holiday items and cleaning supplies.
All proceeds from Bethesda’s thrift shops support Bethesda’s mission of offering services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The store is situated on 15,000 square feet and will begin accepting donations on Nov. 16. Volunteer opportunities will be available for all who are interested. For further information, please contact Sherry Kochanski at 800.383.8743, ext. 3531.
Bethesda’s thrift stores have a net profit of $1.2 million every year.
Now in its second century of service, Bethesda Lutheran Communities provides services and supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout the country and around the world. Bethesda offers many different types of services for individuals and their families, including a variety of residential settings, supported-living programs and outreach services.
For more information on Bethesda’s services and support programs, call the public relations office at 800.369.4636, ext. 3817, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Breakfast with Santa, Cookie Walk & Craft Fair This Weekend!
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- Elements Massage™ Collecting Toys for the Annual Marine Toys for Tots Campaign
- Hiller Ford-Toys for Tots Drop Off Location
- Asset Allocation: A Step to Balancing Your Portfolio
- Missing Cat
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- Encore Acacia Performance of “Fish Eyes” Directed by Hales Corners Resident