Bethesda Thrift Shop to Open in Hales Corners
Milwaukee (Nov. 19, 2009) -- Bethesda Lutheran Communities will open its 23rd thrift shop on Saturday, Dec. 5. The Hales Corners store is located at 5317 S. 108th Street.
“The new Hales Corner Thrift Shop is going to raise the bar for retail stores,” says Jim Clary, Bethesda’s retail operations director. “In addition to selling gently used items, it will also sell new items, including a new line of furniture by Simmons. We anticipate a high level of excitement from our customers.”
The store will also feature a dollar section, which will include paper goods, baking supplies, seasonal holiday items and cleaning supplies.
All proceeds from Bethesda’s thrift shops support Bethesda’s mission of offering services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The store is situated on 15,000 square feet and will begin accepting donations on Nov. 16. Volunteer opportunities will be available for all who are interested. For further information, please contact Sherry Kochanski at 800.383.8743, ext. 3531.
Bethesda’s thrift stores have a net profit of $1.2 million every year.
Now in its second century of service, Bethesda Lutheran Communities provides services and supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout the country and around the world. Bethesda offers many different types of services for individuals and their families, including a variety of residential settings, supported-living programs and outreach services.
For more information on Bethesda’s services and support programs, call the public relations office at 800.369.4636, ext. 3817, or e-mail: email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Western Union and Better Business Bureau Warn of Charity Scams During Giving Season
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Local Girl Scout troop collecting Cans for Kids this Saturday, Dec. 7
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- IKE CHEERLEADER'S HOLIDAY YOUTH CHEER CLINIC
- BBB Offers Advice to Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shoppers
- Winter Storytime
- Free Movie Wednesday at St. Francis Library
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- "Christmas Musical at Hales Corners Lutheran Church"