The workshop of Hales Corners most illustrious citizen will be open this Saturday, November 7, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. That world-famous resident, W. Ben Hunt, built his home in Hales Corners and, behind it, constructed a cabin to serve as his workshop. In 1985, the cabin was moved to its new and permanent site adjacent to the Hales Corners Library at 5885 S. 116th St.
Hunt's workshop is a magnet for visitors with a wide range of ages and interests. Indian lore and local history are among the favorite topics. In addition to regular hours the first Saturday of the month, from May through November, the cabin can be scheduled for tours and special events.
For more information, call Bob Zeit at (414) 425-6040.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- THERE WILL BE MUSIC IN THE AIR AT MUSKEGO’S 2014 COUNTRY CHRISTMAS
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Live theatre comes to Franklin
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Local Business and Boy Scout Partner to Fight Homelessness
- Breakfast with Santa, Craft Fair and Cookie Walk
- Callen Construction Adds Tracy Grosspietsch as Designer
- Holiday Folk Fair International Features Artisans Sharing Their Heritage Through Craft
- Baseball Prospect heading to Creighton