The workshop of Hales Corners most illustrious citizen will be open this Saturday, November 7, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. That world-famous resident, W. Ben Hunt, built his home in Hales Corners and, behind it, constructed a cabin to serve as his workshop. In 1985, the cabin was moved to its new and permanent site adjacent to the Hales Corners Library at 5885 S. 116th St.
Hunt's workshop is a magnet for visitors with a wide range of ages and interests. Indian lore and local history are among the favorite topics. In addition to regular hours the first Saturday of the month, from May through November, the cabin can be scheduled for tours and special events.
For more information, call Bob Zeit at (414) 425-6040.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Callen Construction Offers Seven Tips for a Luxury Custom Closet
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- The President Comes to Park's Edge Preschool
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Greenfield student collaborates with Layton Terrace to complete Eagle Scout Project
- Callen Cautions Against 10 Kitchen Trends