The workshop of Hales Corners most illustrious citizen will be open this Saturday, November 7, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. That world-famous resident, W. Ben Hunt, built his home in Hales Corners and, behind it, constructed a cabin to serve as his workshop. In 1985, the cabin was moved to its new and permanent site adjacent to the Hales Corners Library at 5885 S. 116th St.
Hunt's workshop is a magnet for visitors with a wide range of ages and interests. Indian lore and local history are among the favorite topics. In addition to regular hours the first Saturday of the month, from May through November, the cabin can be scheduled for tours and special events.
For more information, call Bob Zeit at (414) 425-6040.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Tattoos To The Rescue-Fundraiser Benefiting Milwaukee Pets Alive!
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up