The workshop of Hales Corners most illustrious citizen will be open this Saturday, November 7, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. That world-famous resident, W. Ben Hunt, built his home in Hales Corners and, behind it, constructed a cabin to serve as his workshop. In 1985, the cabin was moved to its new and permanent site adjacent to the Hales Corners Library at 5885 S. 116th St.
Hunt's workshop is a magnet for visitors with a wide range of ages and interests. Indian lore and local history are among the favorite topics. In addition to regular hours the first Saturday of the month, from May through November, the cabin can be scheduled for tours and special events.
For more information, call Bob Zeit at (414) 425-6040.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- Encore Acacia Performance of “Fish Eyes” Directed by Hales Corners Resident
- We want to help relieve your Holiday Stress!!!
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Holiday Folk Fair International to Feature Special Exhibits and Displays
- Breakfast with Santa, Cookie Walk & Craft Fair
- All You Can Eat Breakfast - Sunday, November 15th
- The Southwestern Suburban Symphony Announces New Performances