Rummage Sale, Saturday, Oct. 10, 2009
The Hales Corners Woman's Club will hold its annual rummage sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, October 10.
The rummage sale, open to the public, will be held in the Ben Hunt Room (lower level) of the Hales Corners Library, 5885 S. 116th Street.
All profits from the Rummage Sale benefit the community in form of scholarships and financial support of various charitable endeavors. Last year the Woman’s Club made community project awards of $5,000 in addition to two $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors. Awards were made to the Hales Corners Library, Friends of the Hales Corners Pool, Stahl-Conrad Homestead, Hales Corners Fire and Police Departments; Trimborn Farm Park; Southwest Interfaith; Sojourner Truth House, and the Women’s Center of Waukesha.
Membership in Hales Corners Woman’s Club is open to all women in the area, including Franklin, New Berlin, Muskego, Greenfield, Greendale and other communities. For more information about monthly programs, social events and service projects, contact President Arlene Kaiser, 414-425-2345.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Western Union and Better Business Bureau Warn of Charity Scams During Giving Season
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Local Girl Scout troop collecting Cans for Kids this Saturday, Dec. 7
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- IKE CHEERLEADER'S HOLIDAY YOUTH CHEER CLINIC
- BBB Offers Advice to Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shoppers
- Winter Storytime
- Free Movie Wednesday at St. Francis Library
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- "Christmas Musical at Hales Corners Lutheran Church"