Saturday, October 3rd is the date for the second annual community Oktoberfest hosted by St. John's Lutheran Church at the corner of South 27th & Oakwood in Oak Creek. Everyone is invited to enjoy this community event.
Festivities start at 11:00 AM and run until 6:00 PM. The event includes live music, German style food and beverages. There are also plenty of free carnival style games for kids and adults. The fun will also feature a bouncy house, sumo suit wresting, jousting and Velcro sports. Additionally, there will be free raffles for many door prizes.
This year St. John's will also be collecting school supplies for Iraqi children. Attendees are urged to either bring new school supply items or donate money to help defray the cost of shipping. This program is in cooperation with the US Army.
Car show enthusiasts are also invited to bring and show off their classic cars.
Oktoberfest will be held rain or shine. In the event of rain, the festivities will be held in St. John's school building.
For further information call St. John's church office at 414-761-0124.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Hales Corners Chamber Social at Jetz on 12/23
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Cookie Walk this Saturday 12/13 at Faith Community Church, Franklin
- Big Cedar Blue Grass Band Christmas Concert
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13