Saturday, October 3rd is the date for the second annual community Oktoberfest hosted by St. John's Lutheran Church at the corner of South 27th & Oakwood in Oak Creek. Everyone is invited to enjoy this community event.
Festivities start at 11:00 AM and run until 6:00 PM. The event includes live music, German style food and beverages. There are also plenty of free carnival style games for kids and adults. The fun will also feature a bouncy house, sumo suit wresting, jousting and Velcro sports. Additionally, there will be free raffles for many door prizes.
This year St. John's will also be collecting school supplies for Iraqi children. Attendees are urged to either bring new school supply items or donate money to help defray the cost of shipping. This program is in cooperation with the US Army.
Car show enthusiasts are also invited to bring and show off their classic cars.
Oktoberfest will be held rain or shine. In the event of rain, the festivities will be held in St. John's school building.
For further information call St. John's church office at 414-761-0124.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Callen Construction Offers Seven Tips for a Luxury Custom Closet
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- The President Comes to Park's Edge Preschool
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Greenfield student collaborates with Layton Terrace to complete Eagle Scout Project
- Callen Cautions Against 10 Kitchen Trends