Saturday, October 3rd is the date for the second annual community Oktoberfest hosted by St. John's Lutheran Church at the corner of South 27th & Oakwood in Oak Creek. Everyone is invited to enjoy this community event.
Festivities start at 11:00 AM and run until 6:00 PM. The event includes live music, German style food and beverages. There are also plenty of free carnival style games for kids and adults. The fun will also feature a bouncy house, sumo suit wresting, jousting and Velcro sports. Additionally, there will be free raffles for many door prizes.
This year St. John's will also be collecting school supplies for Iraqi children. Attendees are urged to either bring new school supply items or donate money to help defray the cost of shipping. This program is in cooperation with the US Army.
Car show enthusiasts are also invited to bring and show off their classic cars.
Oktoberfest will be held rain or shine. In the event of rain, the festivities will be held in St. John's school building.
For further information call St. John's church office at 414-761-0124.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- Encore Acacia Performance of “Fish Eyes” Directed by Hales Corners Resident
- We want to help relieve your Holiday Stress!!!
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Holiday Folk Fair International to Feature Special Exhibits and Displays
- Breakfast with Santa, Cookie Walk & Craft Fair
- All You Can Eat Breakfast - Sunday, November 15th
- The Southwestern Suburban Symphony Announces New Performances