After 54 years in business, Gerrene’s Fashion Shop, a long time business in Hales Corners and most recently in Greendale is closing its doors at the end of November 2009.
Gerrene’s, opened in 1954 by two women, was located for 52 years on Hwy 100 in Hales Corners and moved to Broad Street in Greendale 3 years ago. From the beginning Gerrene’s has provided quality women’s apparel from mother-of-the-bride dresses to sportswear to lingerie and bras. An ad from 1955 referred to Gerrene’s selections as foundations and under garments. Much has changed through the years.
Owners, Rick and Carolyn Andrejat made the decision to close the store at the end of their lease term in November. “The time is right to move on,” says Andrejat. “The staff and I have shared years of laughter and tears with customers, even a car driving through the store. The commitment it takes to run a small business 24/7 is very bitter sweet, rewarding, and at times not so rewarding. The Andrejats are ready for some free time.”
Rick and Carolyn already feel how hard it will be to say good-bye to their customers. So many have become good friends, some have become employees and so many more have allowed Gerrene’s to make them look their best through the years. “One woman worked for the store in the early years. Some year later her daughter worked here too,” says Andrejat.
Before the end of November, Rick and Carolyn hope customers will stop in to say good-bye. “When the last day of business comes to a close and the open sign is taken down, we will look back with lots of good memories,” Andrejat says with a smile.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Clare Street Fair
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- The Equitable Bank Collects 1,800 Pounds of Food During Starch Madness
- Grace Christian Academy's 20th Anniversary Auction
- Dulcie Schupe, Watercolor Artist at Tudor Oaks
- Mayor Chiaverotti delivers ice cream to St. Leonard School
- Callen Construction Explains the Benefits of Total Window Replacement
- A Woman's Place is in Muskego!
- Callen Construction To Participate In Infinity Windows $10,000 Sweepstakes
- Order Your Honey Baked Easter Ham