Accurate & Safe Way to Check for Drug & Herbal Interaction
Tudor Oaks Retirement Community would like to remind you that July is National Herbal and Prescription Awareness Month. Certain drug and herbal medications should not be taken together and so it is very important to discuss with your doctor all forms of prescribed or self medicated pills you are consuming.
To better understand the combinations we should be aware of, the website Medline Plus
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginformation.html is very helpful. This site is not sponsored by drug or herbal companies and it brings together authoritative information from the National Library of Medicine, the National Institutes of Health, other government
agencies and health-related organizations. It offers extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, a medical dictionary, interactive patient tutorials, and the latest health news. Medline Plus is updated daily.
Tudor Oaks Retirement Community suggests using Medline Plus, since it is a goldmine of good health information. Health professionals and consumers alike can depend on it for information that is authoritative and up to date. Use the site to check on medications so you have a base of information to discuss with your doctor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- Encore Acacia Performance of “Fish Eyes” Directed by Hales Corners Resident
- We want to help relieve your Holiday Stress!!!
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Holiday Folk Fair International to Feature Special Exhibits and Displays
- Breakfast with Santa, Cookie Walk & Craft Fair
- All You Can Eat Breakfast - Sunday, November 15th
- The Southwestern Suburban Symphony Announces New Performances
- Five Star Value of Hiring Veterans