The Milwaukee County Parks and U.S. Bank present “Ports of Call” with Jack Everly and the Milwaukee Symphony Pops Thursday, June 18, 2009, from 7-8:30pm at Boerner Botanical Gardens. Everly and the MSO Pops will take the audience on a musical adventure around the globe for a free one-night-only concert at one of Milwaukee County’s most beautiful parks. Performance highlights will include Victor Young’s Around the World in 80 Days, Ronan Hardiman’s Music from The Lord of the Dance, Ralph Vaughan Williams’ Fantasia on Greensleeves, Alexander Borodin’s In the Steppes of Central Asia, Eddie Heywood’s Canadian Sunset, and Antonin Dvorak’s “From the New World.”
A North American leader in symphonic pops, Jack Everly is principal pops conductor of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. He is widely known for his innovative approach to programs that have brought new audiences to the time-tested and beloved genre. In addition to his Indianapolis position, Everly is also principal pops conductor of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, principal pops conductor of the National Arts Centre Orchestra of Ottawa, Canada, as well as music director for the Symphonic Pops Consortium. This season he will also appear as guest conductor in Pittsburgh, Naples, Milwaukee, and Detroit, and makes his Cleveland Orchestra debut in August 2009. He conducted Carol Channing hundreds of times in Hello, Dolly! in two separate Broadway productions. For more information call the Milwaukee County Parks Administrative Offices at (414) 257-PARKS.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Artists in the Garden at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s “I Do! I Do!” Musical Hit Follows Milestones of a Marriage
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club