The Milwaukee County Parks and U.S. Bank present “Ports of Call” with Jack Everly and the Milwaukee Symphony Pops Thursday, June 18, 2009, from 7-8:30pm at Boerner Botanical Gardens. Everly and the MSO Pops will take the audience on a musical adventure around the globe for a free one-night-only concert at one of Milwaukee County’s most beautiful parks. Performance highlights will include Victor Young’s Around the World in 80 Days, Ronan Hardiman’s Music from The Lord of the Dance, Ralph Vaughan Williams’ Fantasia on Greensleeves, Alexander Borodin’s In the Steppes of Central Asia, Eddie Heywood’s Canadian Sunset, and Antonin Dvorak’s “From the New World.”
A North American leader in symphonic pops, Jack Everly is principal pops conductor of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. He is widely known for his innovative approach to programs that have brought new audiences to the time-tested and beloved genre. In addition to his Indianapolis position, Everly is also principal pops conductor of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, principal pops conductor of the National Arts Centre Orchestra of Ottawa, Canada, as well as music director for the Symphonic Pops Consortium. This season he will also appear as guest conductor in Pittsburgh, Naples, Milwaukee, and Detroit, and makes his Cleveland Orchestra debut in August 2009. He conducted Carol Channing hundreds of times in Hello, Dolly! in two separate Broadway productions. For more information call the Milwaukee County Parks Administrative Offices at (414) 257-PARKS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Hales Corners Chamber Social at Jetz on 12/23
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Cookie Walk this Saturday 12/13 at Faith Community Church, Franklin
- Big Cedar Blue Grass Band Christmas Concert
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13