The Milwaukee County Parks and U.S. Bank present “Ports of Call” with Jack Everly and the Milwaukee Symphony Pops Thursday, June 18, 2009, from 7-8:30pm at Boerner Botanical Gardens. Everly and the MSO Pops will take the audience on a musical adventure around the globe for a free one-night-only concert at one of Milwaukee County’s most beautiful parks. Performance highlights will include Victor Young’s Around the World in 80 Days, Ronan Hardiman’s Music from The Lord of the Dance, Ralph Vaughan Williams’ Fantasia on Greensleeves, Alexander Borodin’s In the Steppes of Central Asia, Eddie Heywood’s Canadian Sunset, and Antonin Dvorak’s “From the New World.”
A North American leader in symphonic pops, Jack Everly is principal pops conductor of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. He is widely known for his innovative approach to programs that have brought new audiences to the time-tested and beloved genre. In addition to his Indianapolis position, Everly is also principal pops conductor of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, principal pops conductor of the National Arts Centre Orchestra of Ottawa, Canada, as well as music director for the Symphonic Pops Consortium. This season he will also appear as guest conductor in Pittsburgh, Naples, Milwaukee, and Detroit, and makes his Cleveland Orchestra debut in August 2009. He conducted Carol Channing hundreds of times in Hello, Dolly! in two separate Broadway productions. For more information call the Milwaukee County Parks Administrative Offices at (414) 257-PARKS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- The Travels of Pat Ostergren
- African Children's Choir In-Concert at Hales Corners Lutheran
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- RE/MAX Realty 100 of Milwaukee Celebrates 35th Anniversary
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Greenfield Farmers Market Mid-Season Celebration: Sunday, August 10 from 10am-2pm
- Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Auction Items, Appetizer Menu