The Muskego Junior Warriors 6th grade boys basketball team finished 4th in the Wisconsin State Invitational Championship Tournament (WSICT) in Wausau on March 28 – 29, 2009. This tournament, which is organized by The Great Northwest Basketball League, brought together 88 of the top community based 6th grade boys basketball teams from across the state. The tournament is organized by size of communities, much like the WIAA state high school tournaments, so that top teams can compete on a level playing field with other programs their size.
The Muskego Junior Warriors 6th grade team was one of 39 teams invited to participate in the WSICT Large School Division this year. The boys battled through a tough road of pool play, and made their way in to bracket play. They continued to find success as they challenged teams from Ashwaubenon, Waunakee, Eau Claire, Mukwonago and a double over-time victory against De Pere to battle their way to the Final Four. A fourth place finish in the State Tournament is the best of a Muskego Boy’s Youth Team.
During this past winter, the Muskego Junior Warriors competed in the top division of the Wisconsin Independent Basketball League (WIBL). They also participated in six tournaments in addition to the State Tournament and finished 1st - twice, 2nd - three times and 3rd – once. Congratulations boys & coaches!
Members of the team are: front left to right Henry McNally, Johnny Kindler middle-Michael Vidmar, Matt Pedersen, Noah Jansen back- Michael Strasser, Kyler Pope, Joey Mack, Joseph Neuberger and Brandon Glandt. The team was coached by Joe Neuberger, Brian Glandt and Doug Pedersen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- Pre Three Class
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Eagle Scout Project Dedication this Sunday, September 14, 2014
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- Maya O'Day-Biddle will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- St. Martin of Tours Dollar Days Calendar Raffle
- Callen Expert Explains Window Glass and Energy Efficiency
- All You Can Eat Breakfast September 14th