Local historian, Rita Boehrer, PhD, will be presenting a lecture series, The New Imperialism, at the Hales Corners Library.
Join us for this three-part series on Tuesdays, March 10, 17, and 24, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. In all three lectures, Dr. Boehrer will discuss the nature and causes of imperialism, as well as what caused Europe to take the lead. Dr. Boehrer will also delve into the partition of Africa at the end of the 19th century as well as imperialism in Asia, and the United States' involvement in imperialism during the 19th century.
All sessions are free and open to the public and are held in the Ben Hunt Room on the lower level of the library. No registration is necessary. Questions? Call the Information Desk at 529-6150 ext. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- Encore Acacia Performance of “Fish Eyes” Directed by Hales Corners Resident
- We want to help relieve your Holiday Stress!!!
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Holiday Folk Fair International to Feature Special Exhibits and Displays
- Breakfast with Santa, Cookie Walk & Craft Fair
- All You Can Eat Breakfast - Sunday, November 15th
- The Southwestern Suburban Symphony Announces New Performances