Local historian, Rita Boehrer, PhD, will be presenting a lecture series, The New Imperialism, at the Hales Corners Library.
Join us for this three-part series on Tuesdays, March 10, 17, and 24, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. In all three lectures, Dr. Boehrer will discuss the nature and causes of imperialism, as well as what caused Europe to take the lead. Dr. Boehrer will also delve into the partition of Africa at the end of the 19th century as well as imperialism in Asia, and the United States' involvement in imperialism during the 19th century.
All sessions are free and open to the public and are held in the Ben Hunt Room on the lower level of the library. No registration is necessary. Questions? Call the Information Desk at 529-6150 ext. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Faith Community Church Offers Evening VBS for Kids, July 21 - 25
- Canine Fun Fest
- Schuster's & Gimbels-Presentation by Paul Geenen
- New Berlin Magic 2015 Baseball Tryouts July 25-26
- Village Playhouse Has Drama Classes for Children
- Watch Catching Fire at the St. Francis Library
- Family Movie Night Has Been Changed