Local historian, Rita Boehrer, PhD, will be presenting a lecture series, The New Imperialism, at the Hales Corners Library.
Join us for this three-part series on Tuesdays, March 10, 17, and 24, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. In all three lectures, Dr. Boehrer will discuss the nature and causes of imperialism, as well as what caused Europe to take the lead. Dr. Boehrer will also delve into the partition of Africa at the end of the 19th century as well as imperialism in Asia, and the United States' involvement in imperialism during the 19th century.
All sessions are free and open to the public and are held in the Ben Hunt Room on the lower level of the library. No registration is necessary. Questions? Call the Information Desk at 529-6150 ext. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pediatric Advocate to speak at Franklin Public Library
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- St. Martin of Tours - Oktoberfest 2014
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee to Speak About All Things Ghostly
- Come Experience Wisconsin’s Most Haunted with Chad Lewis
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful