Local historian, Rita Boehrer, PhD, will be presenting a lecture series, The New Imperialism, at the Hales Corners Library.
Join us for this three-part series on Tuesdays, March 10, 17, and 24, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. In all three lectures, Dr. Boehrer will discuss the nature and causes of imperialism, as well as what caused Europe to take the lead. Dr. Boehrer will also delve into the partition of Africa at the end of the 19th century as well as imperialism in Asia, and the United States' involvement in imperialism during the 19th century.
All sessions are free and open to the public and are held in the Ben Hunt Room on the lower level of the library. No registration is necessary. Questions? Call the Information Desk at 529-6150 ext. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt