Local historian, Rita Boehrer, PhD, will be presenting a lecture series, The New Imperialism, at the Hales Corners Library.
Join us for this three-part series on Tuesdays, March 10, 17, and 24, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. In all three lectures, Dr. Boehrer will discuss the nature and causes of imperialism, as well as what caused Europe to take the lead. Dr. Boehrer will also delve into the partition of Africa at the end of the 19th century as well as imperialism in Asia, and the United States' involvement in imperialism during the 19th century.
All sessions are free and open to the public and are held in the Ben Hunt Room on the lower level of the library. No registration is necessary. Questions? Call the Information Desk at 529-6150 ext. 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Julie Pandl To Present Program to Hales Corners Woman's Club Sept. 5
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Eagle Scout Project in Progress at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- Local Vape Shop Kicks Butts
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- The Travels of Pat Ostergren
- African Children's Choir In-Concert at Hales Corners Lutheran
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22