IndependenceFirst encourages consumers and businesses to recycle their old electronic devices through the “Stuff the Truck for Independence Drive.”
The drive will be held on Saturday, August 23, 2014 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Pettit National Ice Center located at 500 S. 84th Street in Milwaukee (rain or shine). It’s an easy drive-up and drop-off process. No need to leave your vehicle!
Any electronics with a plug or battery will be accepted in working or non-working condition. Bring your computers, laptops, cell phones, tablets, appliances and TVs, computer accessories like mice and keyboards or household appliances, small electronics, fans and more. Because of increased disposal cost, there will be a charge of $10 for TV recycling for TVs of all tube sizes and wooden cabinet TVs. Flat panel TVs (LED, Plasma, LCD ) and Rear projection will be accepted for free as well as any other electronics. CRT computer monitors are also still free. The data destruction process for all donated laptops and computers will follow strict identity theft prevention standards.
Recycling old computer equipment will benefit IndependenceFirst providing opportunities for people with disabilities to obtain a computer they otherwise could not afford, develop crucial job pre-skills, gain information, seek jobs or housing, and get peer support.
For more information, call (414) 291-7520 V/Relay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Hales Corners Chamber Social at Jetz on 12/23
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Cookie Walk this Saturday 12/13 at Faith Community Church, Franklin
- Big Cedar Blue Grass Band Christmas Concert
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13