Supporters of the Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation attended the 15th Annual BRPF Golf Outing to help the foundation continue its mission of finding a cure for paralysis. The sold out venue drew 309 golfers and 480 people for dinner. Proceeds will help the foundation fund neuroscience researchers in Wisconsin and around the nation, and will also allow the foundation to provide grants and scholarships to those needing assistance.
The event featured a silent and live auction and recognition of BRPF Ambassadors who have organized events on behalf of the foundation within the last year. President of the BRPF, Bryon Riesch, thanked the audience for their outstanding 15 years of support and talked about the importance of neuroscience/paralysis research. Featured speaker Dan Hildebrandt spoke about the research that he and Dr. Amgad Hannaand are doing at UW-Madison to promote functional recovery after a spinal cord injury. Mr. Hildebrandt is paralyzed and in a wheelchair from an accident.
The BRPF hosts many events throughout the year. Upcoming fall events include:
• September 7th Bryder Cup at Silver Springs Country Club
• October 5th --Bryon’s Run/Walk/Roll to Cure Paralysis hosted by Carroll University
• October 11th This is How We Roll Fashion Show at Bruno Independent Living Aids Center in Oconomowoc
The Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation is a 501c (3) nonprofit organization based in Waukesha. For more information visit BRPF’S website at www.brpf.org, or call 262-391-1533.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- Pre Three Class
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Eagle Scout Project Dedication this Sunday, September 14, 2014
- Maya O'Day-Biddle will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- St. Martin of Tours Dollar Days Calendar Raffle
- Greenfield High School Cheerleaders 3rd Annual Rummage Sale