Supporters of the Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation attended the 15th Annual BRPF Golf Outing to help the foundation continue its mission of finding a cure for paralysis. The sold out venue drew 309 golfers and 480 people for dinner. Proceeds will help the foundation fund neuroscience researchers in Wisconsin and around the nation, and will also allow the foundation to provide grants and scholarships to those needing assistance.
The event featured a silent and live auction and recognition of BRPF Ambassadors who have organized events on behalf of the foundation within the last year. President of the BRPF, Bryon Riesch, thanked the audience for their outstanding 15 years of support and talked about the importance of neuroscience/paralysis research. Featured speaker Dan Hildebrandt spoke about the research that he and Dr. Amgad Hannaand are doing at UW-Madison to promote functional recovery after a spinal cord injury. Mr. Hildebrandt is paralyzed and in a wheelchair from an accident.
The BRPF hosts many events throughout the year. Upcoming fall events include:
• September 7th Bryder Cup at Silver Springs Country Club
• October 5th --Bryon’s Run/Walk/Roll to Cure Paralysis hosted by Carroll University
• October 11th This is How We Roll Fashion Show at Bruno Independent Living Aids Center in Oconomowoc
The Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation is a 501c (3) nonprofit organization based in Waukesha. For more information visit BRPF’S website at www.brpf.org, or call 262-391-1533.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt