The first of two Lions Club Scholarships was awarded Monday night to Emma Schnittke, a senior at Muskego High School.
The Club's president, John Snead presented the $750 award to the UW-Madison bound Schnittka, who will be double majoring in Kinesiology and Psychology in pursuit of a medical degree.
"I'm proud to be a Badger, and having such respect for this organization which does so much good in the community is especially an honor," Schnittka said.
She herself is committed to serving, including involvement with Labor of Love at St. Leonard Congregation, church mission trips, Yearbook Committee, Newspaper committee just to name a few.
“I truly believe that bettering oneself and bettering the lives of others are the most important things a person can work to achieve," Schnittka said.
The Lions Club awards a second scholarship on Monday, May 12 during their regular club meeting, which will take place at Alpine's Avalanche Grill at 6:30 p.m.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Artists in the Garden at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s “I Do! I Do!” Musical Hit Follows Milestones of a Marriage
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Mas Soul--ENCORE!