The first of two Lions Club Scholarships was awarded Monday night to Emma Schnittke, a senior at Muskego High School.
The Club's president, John Snead presented the $750 award to the UW-Madison bound Schnittka, who will be double majoring in Kinesiology and Psychology in pursuit of a medical degree.
"I'm proud to be a Badger, and having such respect for this organization which does so much good in the community is especially an honor," Schnittka said.
She herself is committed to serving, including involvement with Labor of Love at St. Leonard Congregation, church mission trips, Yearbook Committee, Newspaper committee just to name a few.
“I truly believe that bettering oneself and bettering the lives of others are the most important things a person can work to achieve," Schnittka said.
The Lions Club awards a second scholarship on Monday, May 12 during their regular club meeting, which will take place at Alpine's Avalanche Grill at 6:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pediatric Advocate to speak at Franklin Public Library
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- St. Martin of Tours - Oktoberfest 2014
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee to Speak About All Things Ghostly
- Come Experience Wisconsin’s Most Haunted with Chad Lewis
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful