The first of two Lions Club Scholarships was awarded Monday night to Emma Schnittke, a senior at Muskego High School.
The Club's president, John Snead presented the $750 award to the UW-Madison bound Schnittka, who will be double majoring in Kinesiology and Psychology in pursuit of a medical degree.
"I'm proud to be a Badger, and having such respect for this organization which does so much good in the community is especially an honor," Schnittka said.
She herself is committed to serving, including involvement with Labor of Love at St. Leonard Congregation, church mission trips, Yearbook Committee, Newspaper committee just to name a few.
“I truly believe that bettering oneself and bettering the lives of others are the most important things a person can work to achieve," Schnittka said.
The Lions Club awards a second scholarship on Monday, May 12 during their regular club meeting, which will take place at Alpine's Avalanche Grill at 6:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gnome Little Free Library
- 25 Day Til Christmas Transformation Challenge
- BBB Offers Tips to Black Friday Shoppers
- Greendale Christmas Tree Lot to Open November 28th
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- THERE WILL BE MUSIC IN THE AIR AT MUSKEGO’S 2014 COUNTRY CHRISTMAS
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Live theatre comes to Franklin
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Local Business and Boy Scout Partner to Fight Homelessness