The first of two Lions Club Scholarships was awarded Monday night to Emma Schnittke, a senior at Muskego High School.
The Club's president, John Snead presented the $750 award to the UW-Madison bound Schnittka, who will be double majoring in Kinesiology and Psychology in pursuit of a medical degree.
"I'm proud to be a Badger, and having such respect for this organization which does so much good in the community is especially an honor," Schnittka said.
She herself is committed to serving, including involvement with Labor of Love at St. Leonard Congregation, church mission trips, Yearbook Committee, Newspaper committee just to name a few.
“I truly believe that bettering oneself and bettering the lives of others are the most important things a person can work to achieve," Schnittka said.
The Lions Club awards a second scholarship on Monday, May 12 during their regular club meeting, which will take place at Alpine's Avalanche Grill at 6:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- K3, K4 and K5 Open House
- St Clare Street Fair
- May Writers’ Night at the Franklin Public Library
- Greenfield Artist Brian Kuether Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Ladies Luncheon Featuring Chef Zac Licau
- "9 and Dine" Firebird Open Golf Event
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, April 19th
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Faith Community Church offering ALPHA Course Starting April 22
- Falcon Fest Organizers hope to exceed $10,000 goal