The first of two Lions Club Scholarships was awarded Monday night to Emma Schnittke, a senior at Muskego High School.
The Club's president, John Snead presented the $750 award to the UW-Madison bound Schnittka, who will be double majoring in Kinesiology and Psychology in pursuit of a medical degree.
"I'm proud to be a Badger, and having such respect for this organization which does so much good in the community is especially an honor," Schnittka said.
She herself is committed to serving, including involvement with Labor of Love at St. Leonard Congregation, church mission trips, Yearbook Committee, Newspaper committee just to name a few.
“I truly believe that bettering oneself and bettering the lives of others are the most important things a person can work to achieve," Schnittka said.
The Lions Club awards a second scholarship on Monday, May 12 during their regular club meeting, which will take place at Alpine's Avalanche Grill at 6:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Resident is the Stage Manager for Acacia Theatre’s “Opal”
- Refuse To Be A Victim ® Seminar to be Presented in Muskego
- The Equitable Bank to Collect Business Attire for Returning Troops
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Enhance Your Home’s Exterior With Tips From Callen
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- Whitnall Graduate and Layton Terrace Employee Completes Eagle Scout Project