The first of two Lions Club Scholarships was awarded Monday night to Emma Schnittke, a senior at Muskego High School.
The Club's president, John Snead presented the $750 award to the UW-Madison bound Schnittka, who will be double majoring in Kinesiology and Psychology in pursuit of a medical degree.
"I'm proud to be a Badger, and having such respect for this organization which does so much good in the community is especially an honor," Schnittka said.
She herself is committed to serving, including involvement with Labor of Love at St. Leonard Congregation, church mission trips, Yearbook Committee, Newspaper committee just to name a few.
“I truly believe that bettering oneself and bettering the lives of others are the most important things a person can work to achieve," Schnittka said.
The Lions Club awards a second scholarship on Monday, May 12 during their regular club meeting, which will take place at Alpine's Avalanche Grill at 6:30 p.m.
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- McCarty Park Boot Camp
- First Outdoor Movie of the Summer in Greendale
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- KIDS hit the Road starting in West Allis
- The Equitable Bank hires new mortgage loan officer
- Second Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale