The first of two Lions Club Scholarships was awarded Monday night to Emma Schnittke, a senior at Muskego High School.
The Club's president, John Snead presented the $750 award to the UW-Madison bound Schnittka, who will be double majoring in Kinesiology and Psychology in pursuit of a medical degree.
"I'm proud to be a Badger, and having such respect for this organization which does so much good in the community is especially an honor," Schnittka said.
She herself is committed to serving, including involvement with Labor of Love at St. Leonard Congregation, church mission trips, Yearbook Committee, Newspaper committee just to name a few.
“I truly believe that bettering oneself and bettering the lives of others are the most important things a person can work to achieve," Schnittka said.
The Lions Club awards a second scholarship on Monday, May 12 during their regular club meeting, which will take place at Alpine's Avalanche Grill at 6:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- God and Life Class Offered through Hales Corners Lutheran Church
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s Humorous “Fish Eyes”
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- Relay for Life Luminaria Walk, Sunday October 19th at 6:00pm
- New Berlin Police Motorcycle Shirts Fundraiser
- Free Genealogy Workshop
- We have helped over 250 people quit smoking!