The Carthage Women’s Ensemble from Carthage College announces their Spring 2014 Midwest Tour; launching in Wind Lake, WI on March 21 at Norway Evangelical Lutheran (6321 Heg Park Rd).
Located in Kenosha, WI, Carthage, a liberal arts college affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, fosters the rich tradition of choral singing found in Lutheran colleges throughout the United States.
The Carthage Women’s Ensemble, under the esteemed direction of Dr. Peter Dennee, has developed a strong reputation throughout Wisconsin and the region as a model for choral excellence. Carthage Women’s Ensemble is a highly select auditioned choir of approximately 50 singers. They perform music from all genres of choral literature—Medieval through the 21st century as well as arrangements of folk and global musics—and have premiered several new works for women’s choir. In recent years the choir has toured regionally throughout Wisconsin and Northern Illinois; nationally to Florida, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.; and internationally to Bratislava, Dresden, Prague, Salzburg, Toronto, Vienna and smaller towns in Austria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Germany, and Slovakia.
All performances are FREE and open to the public. A free-will donation will be accepted to offset the cost of the tour.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Resident is the Stage Manager for Acacia Theatre’s “Opal”
- Refuse To Be A Victim ® Seminar to be Presented in Muskego
- The Equitable Bank to Collect Business Attire for Returning Troops
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Enhance Your Home’s Exterior With Tips From Callen
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- Whitnall Graduate and Layton Terrace Employee Completes Eagle Scout Project