The Carthage Women’s Ensemble from Carthage College announces their Spring 2014 Midwest Tour; launching in Wind Lake, WI on March 21 at Norway Evangelical Lutheran (6321 Heg Park Rd).
Located in Kenosha, WI, Carthage, a liberal arts college affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, fosters the rich tradition of choral singing found in Lutheran colleges throughout the United States.
The Carthage Women’s Ensemble, under the esteemed direction of Dr. Peter Dennee, has developed a strong reputation throughout Wisconsin and the region as a model for choral excellence. Carthage Women’s Ensemble is a highly select auditioned choir of approximately 50 singers. They perform music from all genres of choral literature—Medieval through the 21st century as well as arrangements of folk and global musics—and have premiered several new works for women’s choir. In recent years the choir has toured regionally throughout Wisconsin and Northern Illinois; nationally to Florida, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.; and internationally to Bratislava, Dresden, Prague, Salzburg, Toronto, Vienna and smaller towns in Austria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Germany, and Slovakia.
All performances are FREE and open to the public. A free-will donation will be accepted to offset the cost of the tour.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Julie Pandl To Present Program to Hales Corners Woman's Club Sept. 5
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Eagle Scout Project in Progress at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- Local Vape Shop Kicks Butts
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- The Travels of Pat Ostergren
- African Children's Choir In-Concert at Hales Corners Lutheran
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22