Kids from Wisconsin is proud to announce the launch of its 46th season and once again Muskego will be a stop on their tour.
Muskego High School's Performing Arts Center will raise the curtain and welcome the Kids back on Sunday, June 29 at 3 p.m.
The group is largely dependent upon sponsorships to continue its mission “to seek out, train and showcase the musically gifted youth of Wisconsin… to demonstrate the outstanding artistic talent, personal character and leadership potential present in Wisconsin's greatest natural resource, its young people.” In 2014, Kids From Wisconsin will apply this mission to an outreach program called Reach for the Stars, and has already forged a partnership with Milwaukee’s First Stage Theatre to work with middle-school age kids to develop their musical and performance talents. The hope is to find similar organizations throughout the stage to educate and develop youth in a time where often arts programming is being reduced or eliminated in schools.
The troupe generally performs over 60 shows during the months of June, July and August to nearly 150,000 people over each season. Performances have included county fairs, community theaters, high school auditoriums, performing arts venues and conventions throughout the state.
For ticket info, visit kidsfromwisconsin.org.
For more information and details on the full tour schedule, visit http://kidsfromwisconsin.org/tour.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elements Massage™ Collecting Toys for the Annual Marine Toys for Tots Campaign
- Hiller Ford-Toys for Tots Drop Off Location
- Asset Allocation: A Step to Balancing Your Portfolio
- Missing Cat
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- Encore Acacia Performance of “Fish Eyes” Directed by Hales Corners Resident
- We want to help relieve your Holiday Stress!!!
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief