Kids from Wisconsin is proud to announce the launch of its 46th season and once again Muskego will be a stop on their tour.
Muskego High School's Performing Arts Center will raise the curtain and welcome the Kids back on Sunday, June 29 at 3 p.m.
The group is largely dependent upon sponsorships to continue its mission “to seek out, train and showcase the musically gifted youth of Wisconsin… to demonstrate the outstanding artistic talent, personal character and leadership potential present in Wisconsin's greatest natural resource, its young people.” In 2014, Kids From Wisconsin will apply this mission to an outreach program called Reach for the Stars, and has already forged a partnership with Milwaukee’s First Stage Theatre to work with middle-school age kids to develop their musical and performance talents. The hope is to find similar organizations throughout the stage to educate and develop youth in a time where often arts programming is being reduced or eliminated in schools.
The troupe generally performs over 60 shows during the months of June, July and August to nearly 150,000 people over each season. Performances have included county fairs, community theaters, high school auditoriums, performing arts venues and conventions throughout the state.
For ticket info, visit kidsfromwisconsin.org.
For more information and details on the full tour schedule, visit http://kidsfromwisconsin.org/tour.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "9 and Dine" Firebird Open Golf Event
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, April 19th
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Faith Community Church offering ALPHA Course Starting April 22
- Falcon Fest Organizers hope to exceed $10,000 goal
- Register for Camp at the Hills Today!
- Third-annual On Deck event set for April 25
- Holocaust Remembrance Day at Franklin Public Library
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.