A Salvatorian priest and storyteller will be featured in a January event in Racine where he’ll talk about “How Hark became the Herald” and “Crazy Kings” about the Three Kings. Fr. Andre Papineau, a retired homiletics professor who taught at Sacred Heart School of Theology in the Hales Corners area, has written more than 100 stories over the years and is the author of eleven books on spirituality and Christian life.
“Storytelling is important,” said Fr. Papineau. “Jesus was a story teller and it is a great way to relate to people.”
He shares his stories with people during Mass, in television appearances, at workshops and in the classes he has taught.
This public event is sponsored by the Wisconsin branch of Men. Fr. Papineau will share stories that he has created using Bible stories, will talk about the importance of storytelling and the art of seeing Biblical stories in new ways.
WHEN: Tuesday, January 28, 2014
6:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Siena Retreat Center,
5637 Erie Street, Racine, Wis.
BIOGRAPHY: Fr. Papineau, SDS was born and raised in Escanaba, Mich. He earned his B.A. in theology and an M.A. in drama from the Catholic University of America before going on to the University of Notre Dame to earn his M.A. in theology. He was drawn to the Society of the Divine Savior, Salvatorians, religious order early on when he attended Jordan Seminary in Menominee, Mich. He was ordained a Salvatorian priest in 1965 and served at Sacred Heart School Theology in Hales Corners, Wis. for 34 years as an associate professor, teaching courses on homiletics and transitions.
Fr. Andre Papineau’s books can be found at www.amazon.com. His books include:
•Breaking Up Down and Through
•Jesus and the Kingdom of Nobodies
•Jesus on the Mend
•Homilies to Transform Hearts
•Sermons for Sermon Haters
•Lightly Goes the Good News
•Let Your Light Shine
•Godawful: Connections Between Biblical Journeys and Life Transitions
•Jesus Stories for the Losers, the Lost and the Least
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Artists in the Garden at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s “I Do! I Do!” Musical Hit Follows Milestones of a Marriage
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Mas Soul--ENCORE!