The Wisconsin Iris Society has two wonderful opportunities for a sneak preview and early sale of potted Miniature Dwarf Bearded (MDB), Standard Dwarf Bearded (SDB), Intermediate Bearded (IB), Boarder Bearded (BB), or Miniature Tall Bearded (MTB) iris. Pictures and experts will be available to answer questions regarding these early beauties. These are all iris that bloom before the big German Iris. You could have iris blooming as early as April 1st depending on location in the yard.
1. "The Secret Gardens of Wauwatosa” Tour - Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (rain or shine). We will have the Club's new tent up around 9 am and the iris ready to go! This is at the Kneeland Walker House at 7406 Hillcrest Drive, Wauwatosa. Meet some of our enthusiastic members and learn something new about iris. You do not need to go on the tour to visit the Iris Society.
2. "Tour Le Jardin" Tour - Saturday, July 20th, 10 to 4 pm (rain or shine) We will have up the Club's new tent around 9 am and the iris ready to go! iris society info will also be available. This is at the Sunset Playhouse at 800 Elm Grove Rd, Elm Grove. Both of these tours generate lots of interest. Both were written up in last week’s newspapers in the Entree Section's article on Garden Tours. You do not need to go on the tour to visit the Iris Society.
If you are really after those big beautiful German iris please remember our Annual Iris Rhizome Sale - Aug 3 and 4th – at Boerner Botanic Gardens. There is always something new to see at the sale; all types and sizes of iris will be sold, including a Sunday auction on some of the newest selections. These are all bare root iris dug from our gardens.
For more information, please feel free to contact me. Diane at e-mail address Gunga_din13@hotmail.com or 414-578-2513.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Callen Construction Offers Seven Tips for a Luxury Custom Closet
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- The President Comes to Park's Edge Preschool
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Greenfield student collaborates with Layton Terrace to complete Eagle Scout Project
- Callen Cautions Against 10 Kitchen Trends