On Friday, 03/08/13, the Muskego High School Performing Arts Center became a place for a short trip back in time and history for many of our area children. Two matinees of My Heart In a Suitcase were performed for a combined audience of Muskego and other area high school and middle school students.
The national tour company ArtsPower captivated the student audiences with their performances. The play is a compelling dramatic adaptation of Anne Lehmann Fox’s courageous autobiographical book of her experiences as a 12-year old on the Kindertransport out of Germany in 1938. The story is a gripping and poignant tribute to the power of love and the strength of the human spirit to triumph over hardship.
The event was sponsored by the Muskego Performing Arts Council (MPAC). MPAC is a non-profit group of community volunteers whose mission is to bring quality professional arts and educational events to the community.
Another MPAC sponsored event is the annual national tour of Missoula Children’s Theatre which will take place in August for the seventh consecutive year. This summer’s production will be Pinocchio. Please watch for more production and audition information which will be announced in May.
If you have an interest in the performing arts and would like to become involved with MPAC, please contact Steven Krause, MHS PAC Manager/Technical Director at (262) 971-1790, ext. 4845.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New "Sporkies" Food Competition Has Wisconsin State Fair Vendors Competing For Coveted Golden Spork Award
- Memorial Day Program
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- Mark Your Calendar K4 and K5 Open House
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Local Brownie Troop Raises Money for Helping Hands Food Pantry
- River Cruise Seminar
- Catholic Singles Beach Party Dance