On Friday, 03/08/13, the Muskego High School Performing Arts Center became a place for a short trip back in time and history for many of our area children. Two matinees of My Heart In a Suitcase were performed for a combined audience of Muskego and other area high school and middle school students.
The national tour company ArtsPower captivated the student audiences with their performances. The play is a compelling dramatic adaptation of Anne Lehmann Fox’s courageous autobiographical book of her experiences as a 12-year old on the Kindertransport out of Germany in 1938. The story is a gripping and poignant tribute to the power of love and the strength of the human spirit to triumph over hardship.
The event was sponsored by the Muskego Performing Arts Council (MPAC). MPAC is a non-profit group of community volunteers whose mission is to bring quality professional arts and educational events to the community.
Another MPAC sponsored event is the annual national tour of Missoula Children’s Theatre which will take place in August for the seventh consecutive year. This summer’s production will be Pinocchio. Please watch for more production and audition information which will be announced in May.
If you have an interest in the performing arts and would like to become involved with MPAC, please contact Steven Krause, MHS PAC Manager/Technical Director at (262) 971-1790, ext. 4845.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Artists in the Garden at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s “I Do! I Do!” Musical Hit Follows Milestones of a Marriage
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Mas Soul--ENCORE!