On Friday, 03/08/13, the Muskego High School Performing Arts Center became a place for a short trip back in time and history for many of our area children. Two matinees of My Heart In a Suitcase were performed for a combined audience of Muskego and other area high school and middle school students.
The national tour company ArtsPower captivated the student audiences with their performances. The play is a compelling dramatic adaptation of Anne Lehmann Fox’s courageous autobiographical book of her experiences as a 12-year old on the Kindertransport out of Germany in 1938. The story is a gripping and poignant tribute to the power of love and the strength of the human spirit to triumph over hardship.
The event was sponsored by the Muskego Performing Arts Council (MPAC). MPAC is a non-profit group of community volunteers whose mission is to bring quality professional arts and educational events to the community.
Another MPAC sponsored event is the annual national tour of Missoula Children’s Theatre which will take place in August for the seventh consecutive year. This summer’s production will be Pinocchio. Please watch for more production and audition information which will be announced in May.
If you have an interest in the performing arts and would like to become involved with MPAC, please contact Steven Krause, MHS PAC Manager/Technical Director at (262) 971-1790, ext. 4845.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Equitable Bank to Collect Business Attire for Returning Troops
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Enhance Your Home’s Exterior With Tips From Callen
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- Whitnall Graduate and Layton Terrace Employee Completes Eagle Scout Project
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Great local cuisine and a Waterbugs Ski Show