Author Kim Wilson will talk about tea customs and social occasions mentioned in the novels of Jane Austen when she meets with members of the Hales Corners Woman's Club on Fridayh, March 1. The program, which begins at 1 p.m., will be preceded by a tea at noon. A variety of refreshments, as well as coffee will be served.
The meeting will be in the James Meadows Room at Village Hall, 5635 S. New Berlin Rd.
Ms. Wilson is a member of the Jane Austen Society of North America. Her books will be available for purchase. Members will bring favorite teacups to the meeting; several teapots will be raffled.
Guests may attend free of charge but are asked to make reservations by calling 529-5132.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual Free Genealogy Workshop to be held at the Milwaukee Family History Center
- Rummage Sale on Oct. 10 by Hales Corners Woman's Club
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Star Award
- Sept. 19 booster and car seat safety check in Waukesha
- Heritage Haunted House
- Prepare Plumbing for Cool Weather
- Protect your vision, know the 3 leading causes of blindness