Author Kim Wilson will talk about tea customs and social occasions mentioned in the novels of Jane Austen when she meets with members of the Hales Corners Woman's Club on Fridayh, March 1. The program, which begins at 1 p.m., will be preceded by a tea at noon. A variety of refreshments, as well as coffee will be served.
The meeting will be in the James Meadows Room at Village Hall, 5635 S. New Berlin Rd.
Ms. Wilson is a member of the Jane Austen Society of North America. Her books will be available for purchase. Members will bring favorite teacups to the meeting; several teapots will be raffled.
Guests may attend free of charge but are asked to make reservations by calling 529-5132.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- St. Martin of Tours - Oktoberfest 2014
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee to Speak About All Things Ghostly
- Come Experience Wisconsin’s Most Haunted with Chad Lewis
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser