Hales Corners resident wins Days of Sharing donation for Wisconsin Parkinson’s Association from Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, is announcing a $3,000 grant for Wisconsin Parkinson’s Association on behalf of Hales Corners resident Susan Rognsvoog, a winner in Northwestern Mutual’s Days of Sharing campaign. The annual program encourages employees to nominate local nonprofits they care deeply about to receive grant funds in their name.
Rognsvoog works as a benefits consultant and team leader in the disability income department at the Milwaukee-based financial security company.
“This grant will support the association’s mission of finding a cure for this disease and providing additional support to those who are suffering from it,” said Rognsvoog. “My dad has been battling Parkinson's disease for about 10 years and I don’t want anyone else to have to see a loved one go through this.”
More than 770 employees nominated their favorite local nonprofit as part of Days of Sharing this year. The 25 winning grants were chosen at random each day during the week of November 12 and range in size from $1,000 to $10,000.
“Northwestern Mutual employees have a long history of giving back to the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “This is a unique way for us to recognize and honor the passion that employees like Susan have for strengthening the places where we live and work.”
More than 1,000 Northwestern Mutual employees donate 21,000 hours each year to community volunteer efforts through group activities, mentoring, charity drives, and service on nonprofit boards.
In the program’s five-year history, the Northwestern Mutual Foundation has awarded more than $600,000 in grants on behalf of its employees.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Resident is the Stage Manager for Acacia Theatre’s “Opal”
- Refuse To Be A Victim ® Seminar to be Presented in Muskego
- The Equitable Bank to Collect Business Attire for Returning Troops
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Enhance Your Home’s Exterior With Tips From Callen
- State Farm Welcomes New Agent Jason Aexel to Muskego
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- Whitnall Graduate and Layton Terrace Employee Completes Eagle Scout Project