Specially decorated for Christmas, The Polish Center of Wisconsin will glow with the warmth of a traditional Polish Christmas Eve (Wigilia) celebration. Guests will learn about Polish Christmas customs and savor a family-style Wigilia meal, catered by Jack Norman Catering and served by Polish Center volunteers.
The evening will begin with sharing of the opłatek (Wigilia wafer). The menu of traditional meatless dishes will include marinated herring, vegetable salad, barszcz (beet soup) with dumplings, fried and baked cod, pierogi, fruit compote, and assorted sweets.
After dinner there will be singing of Polish and English Christmas Carols, Koledy.
Cost: $35 for adults; $20 for children ages 6-15. Children 5 and under are free.
Call The Polish Center at 414-529-2140 to make a reservation. Reservations are required by December 2, 2012
The Polish Center of Wisconsin
6941 S 68th Street
Franklin, WI 53132
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- Encore Acacia Performance of “Fish Eyes” Directed by Hales Corners Resident
- We want to help relieve your Holiday Stress!!!
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Holiday Folk Fair International to Feature Special Exhibits and Displays
- Breakfast with Santa, Cookie Walk & Craft Fair
- All You Can Eat Breakfast - Sunday, November 15th
- The Southwestern Suburban Symphony Announces New Performances
- Five Star Value of Hiring Veterans