The Milwaukee Chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource for more than 51 years, presented its annual “Building Milwaukee Award” to Kohler Co. at the association’s monthly membership meeting on Tues., Nov. 20.
The “Building Milwaukee” Award was created to recognize efforts made by individuals and groups who concentrate on community improvements and assist in the growth of the home remodeling industry.
Accepting the award on behalf of Kohler was Jeffrey Mueller, President of Kohler Co.’s Global Faucets business, a position he has held for more than three and a half years. At Kohler, Mueller is responsible for leadership worldwide, including sales and marketing, design and engineering, operations, and human resources.
During 2012, Kohler Co. has continued its long-time partnership with the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., and the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, Inc., the association’s charitable arm. These efforts included participation and sponsorship in various association and Foundation activities, including member education, consumer event sponsorship, rummage sale and golf outing sponsorships, and participation on the board of directors and committees by one of the company’s area representatives. Kohler Co. worked with some of its area product distributors on these activities, getting another group involved with Milwaukee/NARI and supporting the industry.
In addition to participation in various Milwaukee/NARI activities and events, Kohler Co. is a community partner throughout Wisconsin and the United States, including…
• The Women’s Center’s Transitional Living Program in Waukesha
• Refashion For Life/Elena’s House Fashion Show in Milwaukee
• United Way campaigns, with fund drives in communities where Kohler employees reside
• Post secondary education scholarships
• Product support for Habitat for Humanity home builds in all 72 Wisconsin counties
• Product support for Storehouse of World Vision – an organization that assists under-served communities and needy individuals
• Product support for Homes For Our Troops, an organization that builds specially adapted homes for severely wounded veterans
The “Building Milwaukee” Award was previously presented to...
• 2011 – Bob Yamachika, President and CEO of the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee
• 2010 – Gus Gnorski, FOX6 TV personality and well-known Milwaukee handyman
• 2009 – Sue Black, Director of the Milwaukee County Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture
• 2008 – William (Willie) G. Davidson, Senior Vice President and Chief Styling Officer for the Styling Department at Harley-Davidson, Inc.
• 2007 – Scott Walker, Milwaukee County Executive
• 2006 – Steve Tennies, Habitat for Humanity
• 2005 – Dr. Darnell Cole, President, Milwaukee Area Technical College
• 2004 – Dave Luczak and Carole Caine, morning show hosts for WKLH-FM 96.5
• 2003 – Gary Grunau
• 2002 – Joseph Chudnow
• 2001 – Members of the Police and Fire Departments of the City of Milwaukee
• 2000 – Michael Cudahy
• 1999 – Richard Snow
• 1998 – Allan H. (Bud) Selig
• 1997 – Milwaukee Mayor John O. Norquist
The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council was chartered in July 1961, as a Chapter of the National Home Improvement Council. In May of 1982, the National Home Improvement Council merged with the National Remodelers Association to form NARI – the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
The Council’s goals of encouraging ethical conduct, professionalism, and sound business practices in the remodeling industry have led to the remodeling industry’s growth and made NARI a recognized authority in that industry. With over 800 members, the Milwaukee Chapter is the nation’s largest.
For more information or to receive a free copy of an annual membership roster listing all members alphabetically and by category, and the booklet, “Milwaukee/NARI’s Remodeling Guide,” call 414-771-4071 or visit the Council’s website at www.milwaukeenari.org.
# # # # #
Photo Caption: Dave Amoroso (third from left), Milwaukee/NARI President, presents Jeffrey Mueller (second from right), President of Kohler Co.’s Global Faucets business, with the association’s “Building Milwaukee Award.” Also pictured from Kohler Co. are Tim Ryan (far left), Chris Holum (second from left), and Jack Broas (far right).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- The Travels of Pat Ostergren
- African Children's Choir In-Concert at Hales Corners Lutheran
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- RE/MAX Realty 100 of Milwaukee Celebrates 35th Anniversary
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Greenfield Farmers Market Mid-Season Celebration: Sunday, August 10 from 10am-2pm
- Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Auction Items, Appetizer Menu
- 2014 Fall St. Clare Street Fair