Historic Lawson House is Showplace for this year's Village Tradition
The historic Lawson House Bed & Breakfast, 10265 W. Forest Home Ave., is the site of the 2012 Hales Corners Christmas House. Built in 1914, the Prairie-style bungalow was the original Christmas House 10 years ago. The B&B will once again deck its halls and living spaces with creative holiday displays by local businesses on Friday, Nov. 30 though Sunday, Dec. 2.
Sponsored by Friends of Hales Corners Park & Pool and the Hales Corners Historical Society, the Christmas House will feature holiday music performed by local musicians and cookie decorating made possible by Pick n' Save. The two organizations are also teaming up with the Hales Corners Fire Department, which is offering free shuttle service to the Lawson House from its parking lot. The Fire Dept. is also providing Pictures with Santa on Saturday, Dec. 1, from 10 a.m. to noon for families with children and then from 1 to 3 p.m. for families who want to include their pets in the photos.
The Lawson House is open for viewing on Friday, from 5 to 8 p.m.; Saturday, from noon to 5 p.m.; and on Sunday, from 2 to 6 p.m. There will be refreshments and a raffle. Ticket prices are $5 for adults, $3 for teens and $1 for kids 12 and under.
The local businesses involved in decking the Lawson House halls are: Lawson House B&B, My Table Gallery, Hearthside Quilters Nook, Gemma Rae’s Cheesecake Café, Plum Tree Apartments, Kristin Sobieski for the Hales Corners Historical Society, Mary Kay Consultant Maureen Riemer, Anderson Commercial Group, and Friends of the Hales Corners Park & Pool.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New "Sporkies" Food Competition Has Wisconsin State Fair Vendors Competing For Coveted Golden Spork Award
- Memorial Day Program
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- Mark Your Calendar K4 and K5 Open House
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Local Brownie Troop Raises Money for Helping Hands Food Pantry
- River Cruise Seminar
- Catholic Singles Beach Party Dance