Historic Lawson House is Showplace for this year's Village Tradition
The historic Lawson House Bed & Breakfast, 10265 W. Forest Home Ave., is the site of the 2012 Hales Corners Christmas House. Built in 1914, the Prairie-style bungalow was the original Christmas House 10 years ago. The B&B will once again deck its halls and living spaces with creative holiday displays by local businesses on Friday, Nov. 30 though Sunday, Dec. 2.
Sponsored by Friends of Hales Corners Park & Pool and the Hales Corners Historical Society, the Christmas House will feature holiday music performed by local musicians and cookie decorating made possible by Pick n' Save. The two organizations are also teaming up with the Hales Corners Fire Department, which is offering free shuttle service to the Lawson House from its parking lot. The Fire Dept. is also providing Pictures with Santa on Saturday, Dec. 1, from 10 a.m. to noon for families with children and then from 1 to 3 p.m. for families who want to include their pets in the photos.
The Lawson House is open for viewing on Friday, from 5 to 8 p.m.; Saturday, from noon to 5 p.m.; and on Sunday, from 2 to 6 p.m. There will be refreshments and a raffle. Ticket prices are $5 for adults, $3 for teens and $1 for kids 12 and under.
The local businesses involved in decking the Lawson House halls are: Lawson House B&B, My Table Gallery, Hearthside Quilters Nook, Gemma Rae’s Cheesecake Café, Plum Tree Apartments, Kristin Sobieski for the Hales Corners Historical Society, Mary Kay Consultant Maureen Riemer, Anderson Commercial Group, and Friends of the Hales Corners Park & Pool.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- THERE WILL BE MUSIC IN THE AIR AT MUSKEGO’S 2014 COUNTRY CHRISTMAS
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Live theatre comes to Franklin
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Local Business and Boy Scout Partner to Fight Homelessness
- Breakfast with Santa, Craft Fair and Cookie Walk
- Callen Construction Adds Tracy Grosspietsch as Designer
- Holiday Folk Fair International Features Artisans Sharing Their Heritage Through Craft
- Baseball Prospect heading to Creighton