On September 14, 2012, Christine O'Meally, the MacDowell Club of Milwaukee's Vice-President
of Special Events, presented the Club's Distinguished Member Award to Wisconsin’s venerable “Ambassador of Contemporary Music”, Milton Peckarsky of Whitefish Bay, with his wife, Vivian, at his side.
Held during a private reception at his home, he was honored not only for his long-time service to the Club, but presented with an accompanying Proclamation from Milwaukee’s Mayor Tom Barrett declaring September 14th, 2012, “Milton Peckarsky Day” in recognition of his lifetime dedication to music.
Well known for his countless solo and chamber music appearances throughout Wisconsin, he has shared his enviable experience with fellow MacDowell Club members as well as numerous area musicians, providing extraordinary educational and performance opportunities – especially through the works of composers of our time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- Pre Three Class
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Eagle Scout Project Dedication this Sunday, September 14, 2014
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- Maya O'Day-Biddle will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- St. Martin of Tours Dollar Days Calendar Raffle