Interfaith Older Adult Programs, Inc. Receives Grant from AseraCare Home Health and Hospice $1,000 Grant to Provide Fans to Older Adults
Interfaith Older Adult Programs, Inc. Receives Grant from AseraCare Home Health and Hospice
$1,000 Grant to Provide Fans to Older Adults
Milwaukee, WI (July 18, 2012) Interfaith Older Adult Programs is pleased to announce that it has received a $1,000 grant from AseraCare Home Health and Hospice to be used to provide fans to older adults. Interfaith’s Neighborhood Outreach Program will select recipients for the fans from the frail elder list that is contacted each day during heat advisories.
“We are delighted that our organization was selected for this donation,” said Lisa Bittman, Executive Director of Interfaith Older Adult Programs. “We recognize that the health and well-being of our seniors is dependent upon support from generous community partners like AseraCare Home Health and Hospice.
The fans have already been ordered and will be delivered this week to those selected from Interfaith’s list. Nancy Chevremont and Karen Peskie, Executive Director of AseraCare Home Health and Hospice of West Allis, will present the check to Lisa Bittman on Friday, July 20 – 1:30pm Washington Park Senior Center, 4420 W. Vliet Street.
“Organizations like the Interfaith are pillars of the greater Milwaukee community,” said Karen Peskie, Executive Director of AseraCare Hospice of West Allis “AseraCare Home Health and Hospice is glad that we can support efforts that help people in need.”
The donation will be made as part of Golden Living’s Community Support Initiative grant program, which is funded through Golden LivingCenter – AseraCare’s parent company, Golden Living. The Community Support Initiative grants are charitable contributions given in support of worthy non-profit community or regional organizations.
About Interfaith Older Adult Programs: Since 1975, Interfaith has provided hundreds of services and opportunities for individuals age 50 and better including caregivers. Interfaith’s volunteers and professionals help those we serve stay safe, connected, independent and engaged in their communities.
CONTACT: Renee Jaeger, Public Relations Director
CENTRAL OFFICE – 600 W. VIRGINIA ST., SUITE 300, MILWAUKEE, WI 53204
414.291.7500 • FAX: 414.291.7510
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Artists in the Garden at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s “I Do! I Do!” Musical Hit Follows Milestones of a Marriage
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club