The Equitable Bank has announced it will collect professional business attire to benefit veterans who are reentering the civilian workforce. The “Suits for Soldiers” campaign will begin June 27 and last until July 7.
Donations of men’s and women’s clothing will be accepted at all seven Equitable branches in the Milwaukee area. All garments should be either new or gently worn and recently cleaned. The bank will deliver all collected clothing to the Milwaukee Dryhootch chapter, which will distribute items to local veterans who are preparing for job interviews.
“Unemployment continues to be a major issue for veterans and their families,” according to Bob Curry, president of Dryhootch.org. “Equitable has taken the lead as a community partner in providing veterans with suits they might not be able to afford for a job interview.”
Dryhootch.org is a nonprofit organization providing programs to help veterans and their families with reintegration issues, including Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, drug and alcohol addiction, and family support. More information about the organization is available at www.dryhootch.org.
Founded in Milwaukee in 1927, The Equitable Bank is one of the oldest independent community banks in the area. The bank operates several branches in the metro Milwaukee area and is a local leader in residential mortgage lending.
Additional information about The Equitable Bank can be found at www.TheEquitableBank.com.
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- TAPAS & FLAMENCO GUITARIST D'Arez
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Artists in the Garden at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s “I Do! I Do!” Musical Hit Follows Milestones of a Marriage
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th