The Equitable Bank has announced it will collect professional business attire to benefit veterans who are reentering the civilian workforce. The “Suits for Soldiers” campaign will begin June 27 and last until July 7.
Donations of men’s and women’s clothing will be accepted at all seven Equitable branches in the Milwaukee area. All garments should be either new or gently worn and recently cleaned. The bank will deliver all collected clothing to the Milwaukee Dryhootch chapter, which will distribute items to local veterans who are preparing for job interviews.
“Unemployment continues to be a major issue for veterans and their families,” according to Bob Curry, president of Dryhootch.org. “Equitable has taken the lead as a community partner in providing veterans with suits they might not be able to afford for a job interview.”
Dryhootch.org is a nonprofit organization providing programs to help veterans and their families with reintegration issues, including Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, drug and alcohol addiction, and family support. More information about the organization is available at www.dryhootch.org.
Founded in Milwaukee in 1927, The Equitable Bank is one of the oldest independent community banks in the area. The bank operates several branches in the metro Milwaukee area and is a local leader in residential mortgage lending.
Additional information about The Equitable Bank can be found at www.TheEquitableBank.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Great Decisions Series Week Two at Franklin Public Library
- Great Decisions Series Begins at Franklin Public Library
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner - February 20th!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- 6 Tool u13 Baseball Looking for 1 more Player
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Preschool & Kindergarten Open House Hosted by Heritage