The Equitable Bank has announced it will collect professional business attire to benefit veterans who are reentering the civilian workforce. The “Suits for Soldiers” campaign will begin June 27 and last until July 7.
Donations of men’s and women’s clothing will be accepted at all seven Equitable branches in the Milwaukee area. All garments should be either new or gently worn and recently cleaned. The bank will deliver all collected clothing to the Milwaukee Dryhootch chapter, which will distribute items to local veterans who are preparing for job interviews.
“Unemployment continues to be a major issue for veterans and their families,” according to Bob Curry, president of Dryhootch.org. “Equitable has taken the lead as a community partner in providing veterans with suits they might not be able to afford for a job interview.”
Dryhootch.org is a nonprofit organization providing programs to help veterans and their families with reintegration issues, including Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, drug and alcohol addiction, and family support. More information about the organization is available at www.dryhootch.org.
Founded in Milwaukee in 1927, The Equitable Bank is one of the oldest independent community banks in the area. The bank operates several branches in the metro Milwaukee area and is a local leader in residential mortgage lending.
Additional information about The Equitable Bank can be found at www.TheEquitableBank.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Agape Players Announces Performance Times and Locations
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Faith Community Church Offers Evening VBS for Kids, July 21 - 25
- Canine Fun Fest