Heirloom Garden Flowers Afternoon Tea at Franklin Public Library on Saturday, March 31st
On Saturday, March 31st, from 1pm to 3pm, please join the Friends of the Franklin Public Library and Betty Adelman of Heritage Flower Farm for a Powerpoint Slide Show Presentation of Heirloom Garden Flowers and an afternoon tea.
The event will be co-sponsored by David Insurance, Sam's Club, and KS Remodelers. David Insurance is the sponsor of the FREE heirloom perennial provided to each participant, Sam's Club will provide some of the food, and KS Remodelers will sponsor the speaker.
Betty Adelman of Heritage Flower Farm will present vivid slides and tell the tales of the flowers. How inventive early people made plants into food, housing, and items of love, and how intrepid plant hunters found them in the wilds. Heirloom plants are plants with wildlife values, feeding their bird and insect companions. These classic flowers are tough survivors, thriving with little care in your garden.
An afternoon tea menu of tea sandwiches, small desserts, and tea will be served by the Friends of the Franklin Public Library.
The cost of the program is $5.00 per person. Reservations are required for this event. Come into the library to reserve your space or send a check to the Friends of the Franklin Public Library at 9151 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, 53132 ATTN: Garden Tea. Phone reservations will be accepted, but reservations will not be finalized until payment is received either in person or by mail. Call the Franklin Public Library at 414-424-8214 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pre Three Class
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Eagle Scout Project Dedication this Sunday, September 14, 2014
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- Maya O'Day-Biddle will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- St. Martin of Tours Dollar Days Calendar Raffle
- Callen Expert Explains Window Glass and Energy Efficiency
- All You Can Eat Breakfast September 14th
- Julie Pandl To Present Program to Hales Corners Woman's Club Sept. 5
- Polish Harvest Festival