Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of March 6, 2012
Programs and Events
March 4 – Pancake breakfast 8 AM – 1 PM at Tosa West High School
March 6 – Committee meetings
March 6 – Larry Schneider
March 7 – Ken Snyder
March 9 – Ed Ellingson
March 11 – Jeff Lins
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Eli Potkonjak brought his friend Merle as a guest, and both Eli and Merle contributed happy dollars to express their mutual admiration. Taylor Poehls paid a buck because Jason Gonwa managed to fill all of the advertising spots of the pancake breakfast placemat. Dave Eppelsheimer was happy about Grasch's contribution of a chocolate basket for the pancake breakfast. Dick Bachman was happy that his plan to create borders for the North Avenue flag project is well on the way, and he was able to show us a sample. John Cable was happy that his favorite small city, Cable, had plenty of snow and plenty of people for the Birkebeiner. Jennifer Wakefield was happy to be heading to Canada for curling, but sad that she will miss the pancake breakfast.
Pancakes: The big event is this coming Sunday, March 4. We can still use raffle items of $5 to $10 value, but they should be delivered by 8 AM on Sunday. Ticket money goes to Eli, but please keep pre-event sales separate from sales at the door. Work shifts are 7 AM to 10:30 AM and 10:30 AM to final cleanup. Cleanup gets finished sooner with more hands, of course. Wear your shirt with the club logo and buy a raffle ticket for the Kindle Fire.
Member news: Bob Reinhardt reported that Gary Krueger got out and went back into the hospital. The good news is that Gary and Roberta accepted an offer to buy their house.
Interclub: Tom Schultz reported that Doc Nordholm, Andy Barnes, Bob Reinhardt, and Tom met with the Menomonee Falls club and a dozen of the Falls Key Club members last Tuesday.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Tattoos To The Rescue-Fundraiser Benefiting Milwaukee Pets Alive!
- Expert Plumbers Advise Homeowners to Monitor Sump Pump during Weather Warm Up