Series Begins Sat., January 14
Back by popular demand, gardening expert, TV/radio host, author and columnist Melinda Myers will partner for a third year with the Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens to present a brand new series of garden walks in 2012, including 2 family fun walks.
“I look forward to taking families on an exploration through the gardens to discover both new and old areas & plantings where we’ll unveil hidden treasures and provide creative ideas and concepts,” said Myers. “The family walks will offer lots of exploration within the beautiful gardens of Boerner plus fun activities to stimulate the kids!”
Refreshments will be served .
Family Fun Walks!
$30 per family (up to 4 individuals).
Sat., Jan. 14, 2012
Family Fun Walk: Giants of the Garden
Join Melinda for this kid-friendly walk where you’ll touch, feel and measure some of the big plants and trees of the garden!
Sat., Oct. 20, 2012
Family Fun Walk: Discover the Magic of Fall
Join Melinda for a scavenger hunt as you discover fall’s treasures!
Location: Boerner Botanical Gardens, 9400 Boerner Drive, Hales Corners, WI
To register, call 414-525-5659. Class size is limited - so please register early.
Proceeds from the garden walks support Children’s Plant Science and Environmental Education at Boerner Botanical Gardens.
For more information, visit www.BoernerBotanicalGardens.org
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- McCarty Park Boot Camp
- First Outdoor Movie of the Summer in Greendale
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- KIDS hit the Road starting in West Allis
- The Equitable Bank hires new mortgage loan officer
- Second Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale