Are you looking for a friendly environment to learn how to use a mouse and read a computer screen? Want an easy way to find your favorite authors on CountyCat, the online computer catalog? Feeling lost when navigating your way around the Internet? Still trying to set up that email account? The Hales Corners Library is offering a series of hands-on, introductory computer classes led by Jenny Davies, Adult Services Librarian. Each class starts at 8:45 a.m. and ends at 10 a.m. when the library opens. Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
~Wednesday, October 12 - Getting Started on the Computer (This very basic class is for the beginner! Beginners need to take this class before taking any of the other classes.)
~Friday, October 14 - Getting Started on the Computer - practice session
~Friday, October 21 - Getting Started on CountyCat
~Friday, October 28 - Getting Started on the Internet
~Thursday, November 3 - Getting Started on Email
~Friday, November 4 - Getting Started series - practice session
Space is limited, so prior registration and a refundable $5 sign-up fee are required. Fee is refundable upon attending the class or canceling with at least two day’s notice. In-person registration starts 10 a.m. on Monday, September 26th at the Information Desk.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Callen Construction Offers Seven Tips for a Luxury Custom Closet
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- The President Comes to Park's Edge Preschool
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Greenfield student collaborates with Layton Terrace to complete Eagle Scout Project
- Callen Cautions Against 10 Kitchen Trends