Are you looking for a friendly environment to learn how to use a mouse and read a computer screen? Want an easy way to find your favorite authors on CountyCat, the online computer catalog? Feeling lost when navigating your way around the Internet? Still trying to set up that email account? The Hales Corners Library is offering a series of hands-on, introductory computer classes led by Jenny Davies, Adult Services Librarian. Each class starts at 8:45 a.m. and ends at 10 a.m. when the library opens. Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
~Wednesday, October 12 - Getting Started on the Computer (This very basic class is for the beginner! Beginners need to take this class before taking any of the other classes.)
~Friday, October 14 - Getting Started on the Computer - practice session
~Friday, October 21 - Getting Started on CountyCat
~Friday, October 28 - Getting Started on the Internet
~Thursday, November 3 - Getting Started on Email
~Friday, November 4 - Getting Started series - practice session
Space is limited, so prior registration and a refundable $5 sign-up fee are required. Fee is refundable upon attending the class or canceling with at least two day’s notice. In-person registration starts 10 a.m. on Monday, September 26th at the Information Desk.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual Free Genealogy Workshop to be held at the Milwaukee Family History Center
- Rummage Sale on Oct. 10 by Hales Corners Woman's Club
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Star Award
- Sept. 19 booster and car seat safety check in Waukesha
- Heritage Haunted House
- Prepare Plumbing for Cool Weather
- Protect your vision, know the 3 leading causes of blindness