Harvest at the Homestead is the place to shop for the veggies you need for your Fourth of July celebration. The market at the Stahl-Conrad Homestead, 9724 W. Forest Home Ave., scheduled for Saturday, July 2, will provide just what you need to nourish both your family and your garden.
A new vendor, Sue Ski Farm, will offer organic, 100 per cent worm casting fertilizer, known by many as "black gold." This product will be suitable for house plants as well as all garden plants.
A specialty booth staffed by a master gardener will provide home gardening tips. Representatives of the Hales Corners Historical Society will offer publications and information about their society.
Market visitors will find vegetables and flowers at the booths staffed by Garden Girls, Hack Farms, Ma V. Cha, and Tshengzoo Lor. Viola's Honey will offer bee pollen and beeswax candles as well as honey. You can enjoy tasty baked goods from Sweet Somethings along with freshly brewed coffee from Friends of the Hales Corners Pool.
Pamper yourself with handmade soaps and lotions from Olcobi Naturals and Beauty by Brenna.
The Homestead invites you to take a free tour of the 1870s farmhouse where a new display, Making a Living on the Land, features the artifacts used by settlers to create a productive farm.
Homestead vendors accept WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers.
For more information, call market manager Robert Stockinger at (414) 708-0584, or visit our website, www.HarvestattheHomestead.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- Pre Three Class
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Eagle Scout Project Dedication this Sunday, September 14, 2014
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- Maya O'Day-Biddle will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- St. Martin of Tours Dollar Days Calendar Raffle
- Callen Expert Explains Window Glass and Energy Efficiency
- All You Can Eat Breakfast September 14th