Harvest at the Homestead is the place to shop for the veggies you need for your Fourth of July celebration. The market at the Stahl-Conrad Homestead, 9724 W. Forest Home Ave., scheduled for Saturday, July 2, will provide just what you need to nourish both your family and your garden.
A new vendor, Sue Ski Farm, will offer organic, 100 per cent worm casting fertilizer, known by many as "black gold." This product will be suitable for house plants as well as all garden plants.
A specialty booth staffed by a master gardener will provide home gardening tips. Representatives of the Hales Corners Historical Society will offer publications and information about their society.
Market visitors will find vegetables and flowers at the booths staffed by Garden Girls, Hack Farms, Ma V. Cha, and Tshengzoo Lor. Viola's Honey will offer bee pollen and beeswax candles as well as honey. You can enjoy tasty baked goods from Sweet Somethings along with freshly brewed coffee from Friends of the Hales Corners Pool.
Pamper yourself with handmade soaps and lotions from Olcobi Naturals and Beauty by Brenna.
The Homestead invites you to take a free tour of the 1870s farmhouse where a new display, Making a Living on the Land, features the artifacts used by settlers to create a productive farm.
Homestead vendors accept WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers.
For more information, call market manager Robert Stockinger at (414) 708-0584, or visit our website, www.HarvestattheHomestead.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "Shotgun Lovesongs" Book Discussion at Brookfield Library
- Take a test drive and get a box of Girl Scout Cookies!
- Hales Corners Chamber Thanks Consumer Beverage
- ZUMBA Party on St Patrick's Day
- Milwaukee/NARI Discusses Radon – What You Should Know
- Chamber Rolls Out the Red Carpet at Gala 2015
- Program about Les Paul Presented at 1 p.m. Friday, March 6
- Beth Moore Comes to Milwaukee!
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week