Healthy eating is coming to the Hales Corners area on Saturday, June 18, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, when the farmers market opens at the Stahl-Conrad Homestead, 9724 W. Forest Home Ave.
All the vendors from last year are returning, including Hack Farms, Jerry's Orchard, Sweet Somethings, Hummer Hill Wood Crafts, and Viola's Honey, along with others that offer a variety of produce and fresh flowers. At the first market, bedding plants will be offered by the Hales Corners Historical Society. That's also one of the dates Marilyn Jacobsen will be there with her spinning wheel and handmade woolen items she creates from the fleece of her flock.
New vendors include Garden Girls Produce with vegetables and fruits and Beauty by Brenna with handmade bath and body products. Friends of the Hales Corners Pool will be there with Stone Creek Coffee, freshly brewed, and one-pound bags. The Hales Corners Health Department in collaboration with Boerner Botanical Gardens will staff a specialty booth with planting education for youth.
The Homestead now accepts WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers.
Check out our website, www.HarvestattheHomestead.org for more information or call our market manager, Robert Stockinger, at (414) 708-0584.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Supper Clubs on the menu at Franklin Public Library
- "Biggest Loser" contestant Lisa Rambo in Franklin on April 26th & 27th
- St. Clare Street Fair
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- The Equitable Bank Collects 1,800 Pounds of Food During Starch Madness
- Grace Christian Academy's 20th Anniversary Auction
- Dulcie Schupe, Watercolor Artist at Tudor Oaks
- Mayor Chiaverotti delivers ice cream to St. Leonard School
- Callen Construction Explains the Benefits of Total Window Replacement
- A Woman's Place is in Muskego!