Healthy eating is coming to the Hales Corners area on Saturday, June 18, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, when the farmers market opens at the Stahl-Conrad Homestead, 9724 W. Forest Home Ave.
All the vendors from last year are returning, including Hack Farms, Jerry's Orchard, Sweet Somethings, Hummer Hill Wood Crafts, and Viola's Honey, along with others that offer a variety of produce and fresh flowers. At the first market, bedding plants will be offered by the Hales Corners Historical Society. That's also one of the dates Marilyn Jacobsen will be there with her spinning wheel and handmade woolen items she creates from the fleece of her flock.
New vendors include Garden Girls Produce with vegetables and fruits and Beauty by Brenna with handmade bath and body products. Friends of the Hales Corners Pool will be there with Stone Creek Coffee, freshly brewed, and one-pound bags. The Hales Corners Health Department in collaboration with Boerner Botanical Gardens will staff a specialty booth with planting education for youth.
The Homestead now accepts WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers.
Check out our website, www.HarvestattheHomestead.org for more information or call our market manager, Robert Stockinger, at (414) 708-0584.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Offers Remodeling Ideas To Add Warmth
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Dental Associates Teaches Students Dental Health
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- The Comedy Depot Brookfield March 7th & 8th
- Collaborative Divorce Group to host Second Saturday workshops at Oak Creek Community Center April 12th 10am-Noon
- WHO WAS ROSEBUD?
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- Searching for a great preschool?
- 30 years and Counting