Looking for a fun summertime activity for you or your kids? Why not learn sign language? The Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness is now accepting registrations for upcoming sign language classes for kids and adults, to be held at the Center, located at 10243 W. National Avenue in West Allis. Whether you want to learn a new language, are a parent of a child with hearing loss or other special needs, or are looking for a fun enrichment activity for your children this summer, CCHD sign language classes are available for all skill levels and interests.
CLASSES FOR ADULTS
American Sign Language I: Tuesdays, June 7 - August 9, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
American Sign Language II: Wednesdays, June 8 - August 10, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Signing with Young Children: Wednesdays, June 22 – July 27, 6:00 PM to 7:15 PM
CLASSES FOR KIDS
Parent & Child Sign Class (Ages 4-8): Tuesdays, June 21 - July 26, 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Youth Sign Class (Ages 9-14): Wednesdays, June 22 - July 27, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
For full class details or to register online for any these classes, please visit www.cchdwi.org or call 414-604-2200. Registrations must be received one week prior to the start of class.
The Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness (CCHD) is a non-profit agency that has been serving children and adults with hearing loss in Wisconsin for the past 85 years. CCHD offers a full range of services and technologies to enhance the quality of life of individuals with hearing loss.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Callen Construction Offers Seven Tips for a Luxury Custom Closet
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- The President Comes to Park's Edge Preschool
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Greenfield student collaborates with Layton Terrace to complete Eagle Scout Project
- Callen Cautions Against 10 Kitchen Trends