Looking for a fun summertime activity for you or your kids? Why not learn sign language? The Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness is now accepting registrations for upcoming sign language classes for kids and adults, to be held at the Center, located at 10243 W. National Avenue in West Allis. Whether you want to learn a new language, are a parent of a child with hearing loss or other special needs, or are looking for a fun enrichment activity for your children this summer, CCHD sign language classes are available for all skill levels and interests.
CLASSES FOR ADULTS
American Sign Language I: Tuesdays, June 7 - August 9, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
American Sign Language II: Wednesdays, June 8 - August 10, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Signing with Young Children: Wednesdays, June 22 – July 27, 6:00 PM to 7:15 PM
CLASSES FOR KIDS
Parent & Child Sign Class (Ages 4-8): Tuesdays, June 21 - July 26, 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Youth Sign Class (Ages 9-14): Wednesdays, June 22 - July 27, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
For full class details or to register online for any these classes, please visit www.cchdwi.org or call 414-604-2200. Registrations must be received one week prior to the start of class.
The Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness (CCHD) is a non-profit agency that has been serving children and adults with hearing loss in Wisconsin for the past 85 years. CCHD offers a full range of services and technologies to enhance the quality of life of individuals with hearing loss.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Hales Corners Chamber Social at Jetz on 12/23
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Cookie Walk this Saturday 12/13 at Faith Community Church, Franklin
- Big Cedar Blue Grass Band Christmas Concert
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13