For immediate release For more information:
Al Strekow, 414-529-2133
HALES CORNERS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ANNUAL MEETING
(March 22, 2011) ...The Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce held its Annual Meeting last Tuesday evening from 5 - 7 PM. The agenda that night was quite full and so were those who attended because the refreshments and hors d’oeuvres were superb. Village President Bob Ruesch provided an update on the Hwy. 100 / D.O.T. Expansion Project as well as 124th St. re-paving. Some mention was made of the concerns regarding state funding issues. Chamber President Don Schwartz introduced Interim Hales Corners Police Chief Eric Cera to the members, and gave an update on the status of the Hales Corners Pool for the upcoming season.
Explorer Scout Mitchell McGlinn, of Boy Scout Troop 598, reported on the progress of his project, the Hales Corners Veterans Memorial. A display of several architect’s renderings was on view along with samples of the memorial bricks which individuals and organizations may purchase to acknowledge the sacrifices that veterans of several wars have made for the sake of our country. War veteran Howard Hingiss also spoke in support of this great project.
The event was hosted by John Ackeret, Physicians Relations Consultant, at the Aurora Health Center, 5205 S. 108th St. in Hales Corners. Mr. Ackeret introduced Clinic Manager Steven Robinson to the attendees and announced that the Center would be featuring 24/7 Urgent Care at this location by the end of April. In addition, he spoke briefly about Aurora’s Sleep Medicine Center at their Loomis Road location.
The evening was well-attended by over two dozen Chamber members, Hales Corners Village trustees and police officers, and Aurora Health Center staff. After a membership report and treasurer’s report by Pam Nerby, of Holz Motors, Chamber members re-elected Don Schwartz as President and elected new member, Dan Sullivan, of Auto Body Express CarStar, to the board.
The Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce regularly sponsors guest speakers and networking events to acquaint local businesses with one another. Because guests are welcome and encouraged, these events also provide hosting businesses with the opportunity to showcase their products and services to the entire community.
For more information on upcoming events, please see the Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce website: www.halescornerschamber.org.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt