The MacDowell Club of Milwaukee presents its March 20th concert at the Irish Cultural & Heriage Center, 2133 West Wisconsin Avenue, at 3 PM Sunday, March 20th, as part of the ICHC's spring Hallamore series. Admission is only $10.
Curated by Wauwatosa's Christine O'Meally (pictured), the program will explore classical Celtic compositions from Ireland, Scotland and Wales including works by John Bull (Wales);
Judith Weir (Scotland); Craig Carnahan (Minneapolis-Irish American); and Michael McGlynn, Hamilton Harty, Victor Herbert, C. V. Stanford, Turlough O'Carolan, John Field and Martin O'Leary (all of Ireland).
Performing these works are organist Sheri Masiakowski (Greendale); flutist Linda Hartig (Waukesha); clarinetist Gail Hodkiewicz (Hales Corners); guitarist Peter Baime (Glendale);
vocalists Cornelia Beilke, Christine O'Meally ( both of Wauwatosa), Amelia Spierer (Shorewood) and Bryna Bereskowa (Chicago); pianists Carla Coonan (Bayside) and Shanti Daya (Brookfield); as well as the Racine-based Muzika Piano Trio.
Guest artists are sopranos Wendelin Lockett (Grafton) and Mary Rempalski Ohm (Minneapolis); tenor Ryan Patrick McEldowney (Madison); pianist Ryan Cappleman
(Franklin); and Bill O'Meally on bodhrain.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memorial Day Program
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- Mark Your Calendar K4 and K5 Open House
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Local Brownie Troop Raises Money for Helping Hands Food Pantry
- River Cruise Seminar
- Catholic Singles Beach Party Dance
- Feast of the Sacred Heart Celebration