When it comes to comedy, a family road trip through America is ripe with humor. While Janet Peterson, of Hales Corners, usually serves as the artistic director of Acacia Theatre, where she has worked for over 26 years, for this production, a comedy adventure road trip through America’s heartland, she leaves the driver’s seat to act the role of “mom.”
The play is a nostalgic piece, which evokes memories of “car trips” as a child. Peterson explains, “While the play is absolutely hysterical, it also has a sweetness about it, as well as a memorable point. We don’t want to miss the opportunity to share with our loved ones while we still have them on earth. If you can tell your parents or children you love them… do it now.”
“I’m playing the mom. I like thinking about my own mom and trying to find pieces of her in the things I do. I also love the ‘family’ that the director, Elaine, has assembled for this show. I think they are all talented and fun. We will all become ‘family’ while working on the show,” said Peterson.
Acacia Theatre Company will perform the show Feb. 25 through March 6 in Concordia University Wisconsin’s Todd Wehr Auditorium, 12800 North Lake Shore Drive in Mequon, Wis.
Both amusing and touching, this comedy will bring a smile to all survivors of family vacations. Seeking the perfect place to scatter his father’s ashes, writer Don Browning sets off on a quest to reconcile his past and present as he relives summer trips spent in the backseat of the family car. Realizing the journey is just as important as the destination, Don encounters the wacky denizens of America’s heartland as his final road-trip with his father leads him to the center of the country … and himself.
Performance Schedule and Ticket Information
Performances will be Friday, February 25 at 8pm, Saturday, February 26 at 8pm, Sunday, February 27 at 3pm, Thursday, March 3 at 8pm, Friday, March 4 at 8pm, Saturday, March 5 at 4pm & 8pm, and Sunday, March 6 at 3pm
Ticket prices are $16, or $13 for senior citizens, full-time students and full-time clergy. Single tickets are available now by calling (414) 744-5995.
About Acacia Theatre Company
Founded in 1980, Acacia Theatre Company is an independent, non-profit, interdenominational group of dramatic artists who share a common desire to integrate art and faith by presenting theatre from a Judeo-Christian worldview. Through uplifting, quality entertainment, Acacia provides occasion for thanksgiving, growth and enjoyment, and the opportunity for Christians and non-Christians to consider their lives in relation to God. More information is available at www.acaciatheatre.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt