Join older adults from Milwaukee’s Southwest Communities of Franklin, Greendale, Greenfield and Hales Corners on Tuesday, January 18th, 1-2:30pm, for a wonderful, life-giving, FREE presentation entitled Humor, Stress and Health…Laugh For The Health Of It. This presentation is part of the Senior Resource Forum which meets every third Tuesday of the month from 1-2:30pm at the Franklin Community Library, 9151 W. Loomis Rd., Franklin. The Senior Resource Forum is designed specifically to address issues pertinent to the lives of older adults. Light refreshments and snacks will be served. For more information contact Nancy at 414-433-9309.
Lynda Markut, author and national presenter, will review the effects of stress while accentuating the positive impact of humor on the body. This lays the groundwork for accepting a lifestyle that includes more humor. Lynda will offer humorous stories and exercises to help reframe situations adding humor into one’s life. She’ll utilize toys, laughter, and humorous quips to help participants experience the benefits of adding more humor into their life. Lynda is a licensed social worker in both Wisconsin and Illinois, and is currently the Workplace Education Coordinator for the Alzheimer’s Association of Southeastern WI Chapter.
The Senior Resource Forum was created by area professionals who serve older adults in the Franklin, Greendale, Greenfield and Hales Corners communities, to enhance and empower the lives of older adults through education, support and advocacy. Each monthly gathering will include a presentation from qualified presenters regarding various relevant topics, a raffle prize drawing, and refreshments. Members of the Senior Resource Forum include representatives from Church and Chapel Funeral Homes, Community Care, Easy Living HHCA & Mueller Therapy, Harbour Village, New York Life Insurance, Patient Communication Advocates, Senior Planning Group, Senior Real Estate, Synergy HomeCare, and VITAS Innovative Hospice. The February 15th Senior Resource Forum topic is Home Sweet Home…Tips to Help You Continue to Live Where You Choose.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Firefighters Climb at #1 Fight for Air Climb in the Nation
- REALTORS’ Home & Garden Show Ushers in Spring
- Heritage Presbyterian Church 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt