Join older adults from Milwaukee’s Southwest Communities of Franklin, Greendale, Greenfield and Hales Corners on Tuesday, January 18th, 1-2:30pm, for a wonderful, life-giving, FREE presentation entitled Humor, Stress and Health…Laugh For The Health Of It. This presentation is part of the Senior Resource Forum which meets every third Tuesday of the month from 1-2:30pm at the Franklin Community Library, 9151 W. Loomis Rd., Franklin. The Senior Resource Forum is designed specifically to address issues pertinent to the lives of older adults. Light refreshments and snacks will be served. For more information contact Nancy at 414-433-9309.
Lynda Markut, author and national presenter, will review the effects of stress while accentuating the positive impact of humor on the body. This lays the groundwork for accepting a lifestyle that includes more humor. Lynda will offer humorous stories and exercises to help reframe situations adding humor into one’s life. She’ll utilize toys, laughter, and humorous quips to help participants experience the benefits of adding more humor into their life. Lynda is a licensed social worker in both Wisconsin and Illinois, and is currently the Workplace Education Coordinator for the Alzheimer’s Association of Southeastern WI Chapter.
The Senior Resource Forum was created by area professionals who serve older adults in the Franklin, Greendale, Greenfield and Hales Corners communities, to enhance and empower the lives of older adults through education, support and advocacy. Each monthly gathering will include a presentation from qualified presenters regarding various relevant topics, a raffle prize drawing, and refreshments. Members of the Senior Resource Forum include representatives from Church and Chapel Funeral Homes, Community Care, Easy Living HHCA & Mueller Therapy, Harbour Village, New York Life Insurance, Patient Communication Advocates, Senior Planning Group, Senior Real Estate, Synergy HomeCare, and VITAS Innovative Hospice. The February 15th Senior Resource Forum topic is Home Sweet Home…Tips to Help You Continue to Live Where You Choose.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- The Travels of Pat Ostergren
- African Children's Choir In-Concert at Hales Corners Lutheran
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- RE/MAX Realty 100 of Milwaukee Celebrates 35th Anniversary
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Greenfield Farmers Market Mid-Season Celebration: Sunday, August 10 from 10am-2pm
- Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Auction Items, Appetizer Menu