Greenfield, WI, The Greenfield Post Office requests that customers clear their mailboxes and walkways of snow and ice during the winter months. Postal carriers have suffered serious injuries related to slips, trips and falls during the past years.
“We want to assure there are no delays in mail delivery caused by carriers being unable to approach mailboxes safely,” says Joers Greenfield Manager, Letter carriers are advised to not risk a vehicle accident or a fall if access to a mailbox is not free of snow or ice. In those cases, mail may be returned and delivery reattempted the next day.
“No one wants to inconvenience the customer,” Joers said. “But we must ensure the safety of our employees.”
The Postal Service is asking customers to help keep their letter carrier safe this winter by keeping walkways, steps and porches clear of snow and ice that can lead to dangerous falls.
• Customers are asked to clear enough snow from curbside boxes to allow mail trucks to approach the box, deliver the mail, and to drive away from the box without danger or the need for backing.
• Walkways should be cleared of snow and ice and allow enough traction to avoid slips, trips or falls. Keep particular attention to areas affected by gutter runoff that refreezes onto the sidewalk.
• Steps should also be kept clear of ice and snow and in good repair so as not to cause injury to the letter carriers or others who visit the customer’s home.
• Overhangs should be clear and free of snow and ice to avoid injury.
The best way to avoid injury is prevention. Please help your letter carrier provide you with the best service, as safely as possible.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Artists in the Garden at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s “I Do! I Do!” Musical Hit Follows Milestones of a Marriage
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club