Whitnall Middle School in Greenfield will be hosting a presentation to help bring awareness to bullying issues that face our nation today, as well as have student leaders participate in a nationwide program to help spread the influence of having a positive culture change in school and the community.
The public is invited to attend Rachel’s Challenge on Wednesday, November 17th at 7:00pm in the Whitnall High School Auditorium, 5000 S. 116th St, Greenfield. Rachel’s Challenge is named after Rachel Scott, the first student killed in the Columbine High School shootings in April 1999. The one-hour presentation features an incredible story of courage and hope, with a simple challenge to everyone of treating others with kindness and compassion.
Students at the school will see the Rachel’s Challenge program during the day on November 17th, which will include powerful audio and video footage that will motivate them to a positive change in the way they treat others. Following the presentation, student leaders and staff members will be selected to participate in a 45-minute training session to help keep momentum and spread the message that the program teaches, creating a “chain reaction” of kindness and compassion.
About Rachel’s Challenge
Rachel’s Challenge is a bullying and violence abatement program founded in 2000 by Darrell Scott, Rachel’s father. Since its inception, the program has been presented to over 11 million people in live settings around the world, and has reached a wider audience through various media outlets. Rachel’s Challenge was awarded the Friends of Education Award from the state of New York in 2005, and has prevented numerous suicides, drastically reduced bullying, and in three known instances in 2007 alone prevented a planned school shooting.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Artists in the Garden at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Art and Nature Provide the Backdrop for Artists in the Garden At the Boerner Botanical Gardens, August 20 and 21, 2016
- 9th Annual Refashion For Life Charity Fashion Show Announced
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Hales Corners Resident Directs Acacia Theatre’s “I Do! I Do!” Musical Hit Follows Milestones of a Marriage
- 5K Run/Walk to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Annual Festival at Polonia Sport Club