Free Genealogy Seminar
The annual Genealogy Workshop is being offered by the Milwaukee Personal Ancestral Files Users Group and the Milwaukee Family History Center. The seminar will take place at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9600 W. Grange Ave. Hales Corners, Wisconsin on Saturday October 23, 2010 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration and details are available on the Internet at www.FHC.Rworld.net
A Syllabus ($5.00) covering all 17 presentations is available upon request. Orders for a syllabus should be received by October 18th.
The doors will open at 8 a.m.
The presentations are:
9 a.m:. Researching Your German Ancestors, Southeastern Wisconsin Genealogy Resources, Fundamentals of Starting Your Genealogy.
10:00 a.m.: Photo Magic and Scanners, Hales Corners Family History Center Resources, and Documenting Sources & Adding Notes.
11:00 a.m.: Using Wiki, Blogs and other Social Media to Research, Patterns of German Immigration, and Folders & Sub Folders – Organize Your Documents.
1 p.m. Making the most of PAF Reports, Internet Searches, and Make Your Genealogy Come Alive, Adding Multimedia.
2:00 p.m.: Getting Over Those Brick Walls, Computer Maintenance – Firewalls and Backing up, and Immigration and Emigration – The Paper Trail.
3:00 p.m.: Ancestry.com, and Using Technology to Research Your Ancestors.
There is a hour break for lunch. You may bring a bag lunch then visit with the staff or
enjoy lunch at one of the nearby restaurants. For your convenience the Family History Center will be open all day.
For more information call the Family History Center at (414) 425-4182 (hours T-Th 9am to 3pm and 7pm to 9 pm and Sat 10am -1pm) or email FHC@Rworld.net .
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual Free Genealogy Workshop to be held at the Milwaukee Family History Center
- Rummage Sale on Oct. 10 by Hales Corners Woman's Club
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Star Award
- Sept. 19 booster and car seat safety check in Waukesha
- Heritage Haunted House
- Prepare Plumbing for Cool Weather
- Protect your vision, know the 3 leading causes of blindness