The Hales Corners Historical Society invites you to take a trip with Charles Damaske on the Rapid Transit Line from Milwaukee to Hales Corners. The program is scheduled on Thursday, October 7, at 7:00 p.m. in the Hunt Room of the Hales Corners Library, 5885 S. 116th St.
You'll travel from the Public Service Building in downtown Milwaukee past Calvary Curve, Schlinger Avenue, Fruitland Station, and finally into Hales Corners, ending up at the North Cape Turnaround. Damaske has many tales to share about the village. For example, who took the Rapid Transit just to enjoy turtle soup at the Bosch?
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call Audrey at (414) 529-2687.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual Free Genealogy Workshop to be held at the Milwaukee Family History Center
- Rummage Sale on Oct. 10 by Hales Corners Woman's Club
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Star Award
- Sept. 19 booster and car seat safety check in Waukesha
- Heritage Haunted House
- Prepare Plumbing for Cool Weather
- Protect your vision, know the 3 leading causes of blindness