You're invited to join the Stahl-Conrad Homestead in the company of Jessica Michna, who will portray Ma Semple, on Wednesday, September 29, 6:30 p.m. The event at the Homestead barn, 9724 W. Forest Home Ave. in Hales Corners, is free and open to the public. Those who attended last year's annual meeting may recall Michna's engaging portrayal of Eleanor Roosevelt.
In the great oral tradition of the story teller, Sari (Ma) Semple will take us back to the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains of the mid-nineteenth century. She is a fictitious woman, kind but rough-hewn, who spins tales of the mountains. The stories blend together the folklore and the gritty reality of life in the ridges and hollers of Appalachia.
Both young and old will be spellbound by the rich tapestry of words woven by Sari. She may not be the First Lady of the Land, but she certainly is the first lady of Appalachia.
This event will include a brief business meeting at which the Homestead will elect members to the board of directors. Nominees are Ron Noeske and Dave Golon. Additional names can be submitted at the meeting. Board members serve on at least one committee and are encouraged to support the Homestead's various activities.
For more information, call Bette at (414) 425-5572
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memorial Day Program
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- Mark Your Calendar K4 and K5 Open House
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Local Brownie Troop Raises Money for Helping Hands Food Pantry
- River Cruise Seminar
- Catholic Singles Beach Party Dance
- Feast of the Sacred Heart Celebration