Hales Corners - Anthony Senthavisauk won the championship at 106 pounds to highlight the Whitnall wrestling team's effort at the E.H. Stech Invitational last weekend at West Allis Central.
Senthavisauk improved to 16-2 on the season by sweeping four matches at the prestigious tournament. He pinned his first foe in 1 minute, 15 seconds, then won decisions of 10-3 and 6-1 before posting a 12-2 major decision over Xianou Xiong of Franklin in the title match.
Zach Barnhart came in fourth at 182 pounds with a 3-2 record, while Ethan Harycki took fifth at 220 pounds, also at 3-2.
Also competing for the Falcons were Kevin Seyedin at 113 (1-2), Joe Price at 120 (2-2), Blake Leslie at 126 (2-2), Dylan Kellner at 132 (2-2), Mark Burakowski at 138 (1-2), Ty Rabideaux at 145 (1-2), Ryan Olson at 152 (1-2), Zach Price at 160 (1-2), Michael Langenohl at 195 (0-2) and John Smith at heavyweight (0-2).
The Falcons tallied 70½ points to tie for 11th place.
Whitnall also won a pair of Woodland Conference dual meets last week, downing Cudahy, 62-15, and Pius XI, 70-11.
Posting pins against Cudahy were Leslie (126), Kellner (132), Nick Monte (138), Olson (152), Zach Price (170), Langenohl (195) and Harycki (220).
Pinning against Pius were Joe Price (120), Leslie (126), Monte (132), Olson (152), Rabideaux (160), Langenohl (195), Harycki (220) and Smith (heavyweight).
The Falcons improved to 3-1 in Woodland duals.
- Compiled by John Rech
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- Whitnall boys basketball team heads to state after beating Whitefish Bay
- Schmidt pitches, hits Brookfield Central to win over Wauwatosa East
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff, Alexopoulos take first places at West Allis Hale Invitational
- Germantown girls track team does the math, claims NSC Relays
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8
- Greenfield football team tips Whitnall in battle of gritty teams
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 7
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26